Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Mark VII Time (Read 29346 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #45
I can now get the wheels and tires mounted up and on the car.

Tires-5891 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Tires-5890 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Tires-5888 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Saved up all week by not having breakfast or lunch and was able to get the front tires mounted.
Tires-5903 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Now, the motor is ready to go to the shop to be freshened up!

untitled-5915 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

untitled-5907 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Now the whole top half of the motor will be far to big for the bottom half.

Heads-5922 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason
89 Mark VII LSC- Street Car
12 Focus Titanium - Daily Driver

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #46
Next step is to clean up all the packed dirt, install the Team Z suspension, Cobra brakes, eliminate the electric brake booster, remove the rest of the engine harness and remount the intercooler into a new spot I found.

Dirty-6056 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

Got the keys to the new house with a much better garage. I am hoping to get the Lincoln into the garage next week.

It's home!

Well, now I have no excuse. It comes apart this week.

The K is ready to be replaced with a Team Z piece.

Also, what do Mark VII/SVO front 5 lug conversions go for?
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #47
Got the Team Z K member and arms in, I toss the rotors and wheels on to  get a quick idea of what it will look like. On all 4 wheels and with the  motor in it, it should be 3-4" lower that it looks now.

BCN_7528  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

BCN_7529  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

BCN_7537  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

BCN_7539  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

BCN_7544  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

Put it on the ground today and simulated ride height with the motor and  turbo kit. It should be another inch to inch and a half lower with the  engine and turbo kit in according to the weights and spring rate on the  font.

BCN_7566  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

BCN_7561  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

This has to be the heaviest master cylinder ever now, to make sure it never goes back in by tearing out the rest of the brake system and converting to a standard vacuum assisted brake system.

I am hoping it sits like this when its all said and done.

BCN_7561 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #48
I guess, it was time for new rear brakes.

BCN_7569  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

Why Team Z? Because they are unbeatable.
BCN_7571  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

BCN_7578  by Detroit  Style, on Flickr

One shock bolt does not want to leave its  home so, its soaking in some Deep Creep for a while. I can't wait to see  the new ride height.

Got the rear springs in today. Once I pull the rack off the other K, clean it up and put it in to the car, the car will be ready to head into the chassis shop.

BCN_7586 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7585 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #49
This is one sweet build you have going on
I love those wheels you have on the front, will the rears be chromed too?
Also what made you choose those rear Springs?
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #50
looking good, those 275/60's look good in there :burnout:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #51
Quote from: Ramos617;452303
This is one sweet build you have going on
I love those wheels you have on the front, will the rears be chromed too?
Also what made you choose those rear Springs?

The rears at some point will be the 15" versions for the front wheels but, that is when I get another set of 10.5s for the street.

The rear springs, I am not at the point I want to get too crazy with the rear end, they are great made for the expected weight of the car and the fact that Team Z is local it makes for a great choice.
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #52
As said, sweet build! What the hell camera do you have, by the way?

That heater looks like it will toast that garage up quick! :)
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #53
Quote from: DetroitStyle;452312
The rears at some point will be the 15" versions for the front wheels but, that is when I get another set of 10.5s for the street.

The rear springs, I am not at the point I want to get too crazy with the rear end, they are great made for the expected weight of the car and the fact that Team Z is local it makes for a great choice.
Cool man, Yea the reason I asked about the rear Springs is because a lot of people including myself use stock sn95 or moog replacement Springs
Looks like Team Z now might have a good alternative for cars with a stock (style) setup
How many inches from the stock height will those Springs drop the rear end of the car
1987 T-Bird TC: 5-Spd, 5-lug conv., CHE Rear CAs, '04 Cobra wheels and 13" Brakes, Vac Assist conv: '93 Cobra BB/MC & Wilwood PV, Gutted/Knived Intakes, T3 turbo, RFE6 Mani, Stinger 3" Exhaust & Oil Feed, 255HP Walbro, Kirban AFPR, RR Cam, Esslinger Cam gear and Round Tooth Conv., Gillis Boost Valve, Speedway Dual Valve Spring,  K&N, 130a 3g Alt conv., 140mph Speedo
Running Better Than Ever :burnout:

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #54
Quote from: ZondaC12;452328
As said, sweet build! What the hell camera do you have, by the way?

That heater looks like it will toast that garage up quick! :)
It's a Nikon D7000 with assorted lenses, 99% of the pictures in this thread are done with the Tokina 11-16 2.8 Pro.

I also run BaconMedia which is probably the only reason I haven't sold the camera to fund the car.
https://www.facebook.com/BaconMediaPhoto/

Quote from: Ramos617;452330
Cool man, Yea the reason I asked about the rear Springs is because a lot of people including myself use stock sn95 or moog replacement Springs
Looks like Team Z now might have a good alternative for cars with a stock (style) setup
How many inches from the stock height will those Springs drop the rear end of the car
In the Mark VII, who knows (I'd guess that is the same response I'd give for the other big body Fox cars). For all I know, they may lift the car from where it was on the coil spring conversion. After talking to Dave (owner of Team Z), I chose them based on the expected weight of the car when its all said and done. At this rate, I may put it on coil overs before that point. :D

On a SN95 they are said to give 1.5-2" of drop.
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #55
Sweet Mark VII :)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #56
Well, its ready to go to the chassis shop. Depending on how the car sits with the rear control arms that are being made for it, I may go back to the old springs to lower it.

BCN_7639 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #57
So, this one time I tried to put a 100lb 5ft long hood on a car by myself...

BCN_7652 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7651 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7642 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7649 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7655 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7658 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #58
I have never attempted THAT....I'm 135 lbs soaking wet myself...but I have done many other similar things by myself that I really shouldn't have. And I definitely didn't get away with them all. Most...but not all. When I do stuff I wanna do it NOW. Not in an hour not in 10 minutes, NOW. And I hate bothering friends/family anyway. I need to get past that.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #59
Quote from: ZondaC12;452565
I have never attempted THAT....I'm 135 lbs soaking wet myself...but I have done many other similar things by myself that I really shouldn't have. And I definitely didn't get away with them all. Most...but not all. When I do stuff I wanna do it NOW. Not in an hour not in 10 minutes, NOW. And I hate bothering friends/family anyway. I need to get past that.

Everyone I know out here (maybe 4 people) were either going to the bar or back to Detroit for Thanksgiving and, it needed done. It is what it is, Ill find a new hood some where and put it on the car.
Jason