Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Mark VII Time (Read 29006 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #15
The motor from the last car looks like it sold so, I guess I am making a trip to Team Z Monday to get one of their front end kits.
Jason
89 Mark VII LSC- Street Car
12 Focus Titanium - Daily Driver

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #16
Quote from: V8Demon;440830
Lou, you don't need that car.  I do though...  Sell it to me!

The paint is shot. It needs new front fenders (the rear portion in front of the door is rotten due to the sunroof drains) and the area above the rocker behind the door replaced (sunroof drains again). However it has rust free doors, hood, trunk lid and the rockers are pretty solid. Underbody and frame rails/shock towers are solid as well.

You want it? Come get it ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #17
Yeah, what thunderjet302 said.... after the big bang, build up a 5.8 with forged pistons of the proper compression height for turbocharging. If you can find an HD block like from a motorhome conversion van, they are better castings for the high loads of boost and they should have "big valve" heads.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #18
Quote from: Stealth;441067
Yeah, what thunderjet302 said.... after the big bang, build up a 5.8 with forged pistons of the proper compression height for turbocharging. If you can find an HD block like from a motorhome conversion van, they are better castings for the high loads of boost and they should have "big valve" heads.

Yeah, that all sounds slow to me. The current thought is a Dart based small block with some good heads (there is a pair of Yates C3s locally that have been taunting me) and in the boost friendly 12-13:1 compression and of course, a larger turbo.
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #19
The fitment of a 351w under the hood is a huge pain in the a$$.  I know.  If i had to do it over i would use an upgraded 302 block and just through lots of boost at it.  Oh well live and learn.

Thanks,

Travis

P.S.  maybe next year ill come down to milan to make a pass....it would be fun.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #20
I picked up some 95 Mustang spindles this weekend and, am ordering the Team Z front end today after work.
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #21
The new front end parts showed up today.

Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #22
Make sure that the K-Member is designed for the 94-95 spindles and not the 96+ spindles.  If it can use either then sell the 94-95's as they are highly sought after on the Mustang boards and get yourself a set of the 96+ spindles.  Easy way to make some $$$ and move the build along.

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #23
Ripped the old carpet out and found, rust free floors. Sadly, I wanted to keep the carpet but, it ripped in some very visble areas when I pulled it out.

ReEditsYearly-4751 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

ReEditsYearly-4748 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

ReEditsYearly-4745 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

ReEditsYearly-4756 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #24
What garage are you working in? It's tiny.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #25
Its the attached garage for my apartment. I really need to make more money so I can lease a shop for myself.
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #26
Looks about as big as the one I had when I was in my apartment so pretty standard.  I made it work to pull the T-5 out of my Coupe and put a new clutch in so its workable just not fun.  I borrowed a buddy's creeper so I could at least get to the front and the back of the car rolling under it.  Glad I had the larger jack stands for sure!

Darren

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #27
Quote from: DetroitStyle;441414
Its the attached garage for my apartment. I really need to make more money so I can lease a shop for myself.

Ah that explains it. It's a very narrow space. Around me there are no apartments with an attached garage. I've never seen that before.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #28
Looking good! Going to be a fun car for sure!
Flat black with the slicks on looks badass!

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #29
That looks like a super fun project.....even with limited space.

Travis