Skip to main content
Topic: Turbo Mark VII Time (Read 29347 times) previous topic - next topic

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #60
Ouch!! Too bad you're waaaaay up north........ There are like 5 or 6 MK VII's in a yard here.

There are also like 6 to 7 83' - 88' birds and a few same year cougars. No good interiors though :mad::mad:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #61
Quote from: DetroitStyle;452576
Everyone I know out here (maybe 4 people) were either going to the bar or back to Detroit for Thanksgiving and, it needed done. It is what it is, Ill find a new hood some where and put it on the car.

I swear that's always how it is LOL....
That's it though. Did you screw up? Sure. But you're not doing open-heart surgery. You move on and fix it. Keep kickin' ass.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #62
Quote from: ZondaC12;452590
I swear that's always how it is LOL....
That's it though. Did you screw up? Sure. But you're not doing open-heart surgery. You move on and fix it. Keep kickin' ass.

Really, at the end of the day, that hood was getting trashed anyway. I just wanted to use it to make one out of carbon first.
Jason
89 Mark VII LSC- Street Car
12 Focus Titanium - Daily Driver

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #63
Thanks for the tip. I'll remember not to attempt this procedure any time soon :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #65
Interesting. 2.0 Mitsubishi.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #66
The car is now at the shop, awaiting some love.

BCN_7670 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7671 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

This should give you guys some hope, the Pacer X is one of his current projects.

BCN_7698 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7693 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7686 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

BCN_7681 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #67
Nice shop :)

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #68
Is that an AMC I6 in the Pacer?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #69
Quote from: thunderjet302;452803
Is that an AMC I6 in the Pacer?

AMC/Jeep, yes.
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #70
Small update, the chassis work has started.

Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #71
Wow.

That Pacer is awesome. That's all I have to say.
Is there any strength advantage to going through the floor with the connectors? Would definitely help hide them from sight a bit.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #72
Quote from: ZondaC12;453175
Wow.

That Pacer is awesome. That's all I have to say.
Is there any strength advantage to going through the floor with the connectors? Would definitely help hide them from sight a bit.

There is a benefit just with the material size which, is 2x2 or 2x3 box compared to the 1x1 and some times smaller that you see with the bolt on/weld in kits from pretty much every company. You also see an advantage with the connectors being in the sub frames and being welded not only to the sub frames but, being integrated into the floor, floor braces and the torque boxes. They also get tied into the rockers for even more rigidity.
Jason

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #73
I have the Global West lower subframes and Griggs Racing upper subframes on my '83 and I can tell you for a fact that the six point cage made zero difference in the stiffness of the chassis.  You can jack the care up on on corner and the jack will pick the care up to the point that only the far opposite tire is on the ground and the doors will open and close perfectly.  I chose the GW lowers as they go on the outside of the subfame so they do not kill any ground clearance.

Been following this and cannot wait to see the chassis work completed.  I have toyed with mini tubing my car but I am going to see if I can stuff some 315's under it without going to that extreme first.

83 351W TKO'd T-Bird on the bottle

93 331 Mustang Coupe - 368 rwhp

Turbo Mark VII Time

Reply #74
I'm not sure what the difference is between the Thunderbird/Cougar is and the Mark 7 but, his is my last Mark 7 on a 315. I do have a 325 ET Street in the garage that I want to see if it will fit or not.

_DSC0019 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

_DSC0017 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

_DSC0011 by Detroit Style, on Flickr

_DSC0007 by Detroit Style, on Flickr
Jason