Skip to main content
Topic: My day with Sandy so far........ (Read 15903 times) previous topic - next topic

My day with Sandy so far........

Reply #60
Help on the way.

Reply #61
Hang in there Dave. It definitely sucks not knowing when you will have electric, when you will be able to get gas, when things will be back to normal. I have never been through such a situation but I can understand the frustration and anxiety. Hope things get back to normal soon for you and your family.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #62
Still no power, schools still closed...long gas lines, finally got a dumpster, and the house has to be emptied, inventoried, gutted etc...im exhausted and cant sleep, wouldnt wish this on anyone.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #63
i just caught up on this thread David. so sorry to hear of the disaster over there.  hopefully some relief is on the way. hang in there.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #64
Are you getting snow where you are? If so, I hope you and your family has a warm dry place to stay.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #65
I just found this thread. Now I can keep up with you on here as well as facebook. Been thinking alot about you, hope it gets better soon for you and everyone in the area. Most of my friends I work with from WV finally got thier power back yesterday, hopefully your's won't be off to much longer. Take care bud and keep us updated.

Reply #66
Still no power, and loads of snow..... This is just silly already. I have to leave my family also from sat-wed for a conference i photograph every year in DC. Uuuuugggghhhhh! Adjuster is getting to me on the 20th, got some new clothes yesterday for all of us, and FEMA has given us a whopping 3k in aid. Replaced my wifes Ford Edge with a 2013 Ford Escape. I still have no car.  :-(.  Thanks to all who have written, given moral support and those who have offered to help materially. We appreciate the love and generousity.

Reply #67
Hey Dave sorry to hear about all your bad luck. I went out last night during the storm at 3 am and was able to get gas for all my cars and parents cars. (4 total) I was able to also get gas for my generator. No lines or anything. It was the 7-11 gas station on Rte 110 in Farmingdale (close to Allen Blvd.) I hope that helps.

Ken

Reply #68
Dave I read your thread over on FEP which has a bit more information that this one does.  You didn't say who was so generous, but I would like to thank them for their generosity as well.

Reply #69
Quote from: Crazy88;402203
Dave I read your thread over on FEP which has a bit more information that this one does.  You didn't say who was so generous, but I would like to thank them for their generosity as well.

I PM'ed those who sent or gave.......im a truly humbled and amazed at the generousity of people.

Reply #70
power has returned after 14 days.......some normalcy.  FEMA is useless and wont see my insurance adjuster until 11/20.  Down in DC for business, anyone nearby for a beer? Here until Wed. AM........

Reply #71
good grief, what a rough couple weeks for you and your family.  hope somehow you can come out on top.  hang in there
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #72
Wow, just read from the beginning of the thread. 3ft of water in the house is devastating. The inside will need to be stripped to the framing and dried out, then rebuilt from the inside. I've worked on flood jobs before, but usually not as severe as yours. I hope your bird and other irreplaceables are ok. The next 6-8 months are going to suck, but if its anything like insurance losses I've worked on you may end up with a completely remodeled house that is updated and to your specs. We always let the home owner have free reign to have us rebuild it however they want, including moving walls to change the floor plan, kitchen cabinets, flooring, and mechanicals, ect. Even so, I would not want to be in your shoes right now. I hope things work out for you and your family. Keep us posted.

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #73
If I was in the area I would buy you a beer. You deserve one or two cold beer. Glad to hear they finally got the power back on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #74
Here is the awful shiznitty mess that used to be my house.....