Skip to main content
Topic: My day with Sandy so far........ (Read 15898 times) previous topic - next topic

My day with Sandy so far........

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #1
Did that tree branch fall on your 'Bird? I saw the broken rear glass, but couldn't tell if there is any other damage, other than water damage of course.  Are you able to to get her inside out of the weather?

Reply #2
Oh no :( :( :(

Quote from: Crazy88;401545
Did that tree branch fall on your 'Bird? I saw the broken rear glass, but couldn't tell if there is any other damage, other than water damage of course.  Are you able to to get her inside out of the weather?

I saw dents in the roof and the trunk lid :( :(

Coupla years ago one night, we had a sustained wind that was about 80 mph, lasted for about 20 minutes followed by an epic t storm. It took down two monster oak trees in my yard, and thank Hell the wind was out of the north, had it been from the south, my house would be gone, and probably my family along with it

I must say you east coasters have to be a tough bunch to put up with hurricanes....I'll stay with my tornadoes and (sometimes) deadly lightning.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #3
Quote from: Crazy88;401545

the branch came down on the back glass and the trunk.  The glass is toast, and the trunk got a small ding.  Could have been worse.....no place to put her......got a tarp on already.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #4
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;401546
Oh !  Yeah, I missed the dents the first time.  I hope that the damage is minimal and easily fixed, but I would rather lose an entire car than a family member... Ok, well maybe not my Son's iguana... ;)

Reply #5

Same. I would never leave my car outside if I were in these areas with high winds.

I must say you east coasters have to be a tough bunch to put up with hurricanes....I'll stay with my tornadoes and (sometimes) deadly lightning.

You're just as crazy as them. Here we get, ummmm, well we had a very small, short tornado a couple years back. I can't think of any time I felt an earthquake HERE, but I went through a couple few-second long ones up near Seattle when growing up. Other than that, we get some rain, but much less in quantity then the people on the east coast. Winters are mild with no salt being put on the roads (typically sand only, and chemicals). Maybe 6 inches snow a year with the occasional 10-12" once a winter every few years. Summers are 3 months with nothing but clear skies, with maybe a week or two in the 90s/100s with the rest being upper 70s to about 90. Gotta love the pacific northwest :p
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #6
Quote from: MY83T;401548
..no place to put her......got a tarp on already.

Pffff, I see a garage door :p

Build a cage for it - that'll ward off those pesky projectiles.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #7
Now you really need to get her out to me :( ...... not going to jinx ya. Good luck weathering Sandy.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #8
:(

Be safe over there, it's still very mild here in CT. I didn't even lose power yet.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #9
My wife has a trip planned for this thurs to sun in Atlantic City should I make her cancel???
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #10
X
My bird is safely parked in the parking garage at college

Reply #11
Bigbada1 I wouldn't be going to Atlantic City this week. They will probably be cleaning up a mess down there. Sandy will be making landfall about now very close to the s points. I would tell her to reschedule.

That really sucks MY83T. We're having some pretty good wind gusts here. I worry about the neighbors trees. We just had 45' pine tree cut down which we were afraid would fall down in a storm. It was way too close to our house.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #12
sandy....that bitch....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #13
it supposed to hit us between 8 and 10....  the vert is outside... hopefully It will make it through this.... I had to decide which cars are more important... the 87 and the Town car won.... ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #14
I can see saving the '87 (though the extra stiffening you put into that should make it stronger than any tree that might fall on it), but that Town Car would be out in the cold before I'd let anything happen to that convertible...

I feel for you guys. Hurricane Juan hit here 9 years ago and I still remember it quite well. First time in my life I was ever scared of the weather. I stayed up all night watching trees come down, and had no power for three days. Some areas were a month without power. We lucked out, though, and only got an inch of rain with that storm. The wind caused a hell of a lot of damage, though. I learned my lesson and made it a point to buy a generator, even before I bought a house. Still have that generator, wish I could lend it to some of you guys down south...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣