Skip to main content
Topic: My day with Sandy so far........ (Read 15900 times) previous topic - next topic

My day with Sandy so far........

Reply #30
Can you just imagine the smell... Ugh!

Reply #31
We actually got some....wind.....in Chicago from the storm.

Good luck to all you guys on the east coast.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #32
we got some rain, some wind... it died down around 2 last night...
 45 mph was probably the highest gusts we had
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #33
Just got to a spot with a signal to let you all know that Sandy kicked our ass. House had 3 feet of water, total loss  cars are total loss 3 including my Bird....were all safe and dry and my parents.... Insurance will do the rest...thoughts and prayers please......
David

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #34
 dude, that sucks more than I could comprehend.
 I am sorry. :(
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #35
Wow that's awful, just awful.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #36
Thoughts and prayers to everyone on the east. Be safe friends.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #37
David, you and your family are all in my prayers.

Reply #38
David,
        I am sad to hear of your troubles. It's a time for families and friends to stand together. Material items can always be replaced, but loved ones cannot. I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe.

Reply #39
David, glad to hear you and your family are safe. Our thoughts are with you as you recover from this disaster. We had it pretty mild here in central PA.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #40
David, my families thoughts and prayers are with your entire family. It's great to hear that you & your family are alright. That's something that can never be replaced.
It sucks big time that your house and cars are a total loss, but those can be replaced.

John

PM sent

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #41
Sorry to hear that about the house and cars. Glad you're all safe. Stuff can be replaced...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #42
3 feet of water isn't so much. I don't know details, but I think you may be able to rescue your stuff, if the house or other buildings didn't fall down because of the wind strokes.

And as was mentioned above, it's good to read, that you, and your family are OK.

Reply #43
I talked to Dave this morning.... he's staying with family close by... family is ok... his  work studio is ok..    He says everything else is pretty much gone, below the 3-4 foot mark.... and seeing they have a ranch house built on a concrete slab... it means that almost everything is ruined by salt water..

the house will have to be totally stripped inside and out, and rebuilt after .... He's already talking to the insurance co about it
his new cars are also water damaged inside and out... salt water everywhere....
Surprisingly, he told me that his bird was only a little damp inside, even with a missing back window, with a tarp over the car... apparently our car doors seal very well compared to a new car.. the thinks it will be salvageable and he will be able to use it as a temp DD until things get settled.....

He also asked me to post to tell everyone he's ok, and cell phone coverage is spotty with all the power outages, so it will probably be at least a few days until he can get back online..

Jerry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #44
Quote from: Trinom;401695
3 feet of water isn't so much. I don't know details, but I think you may be able to rescue your stuff, if the house or other buildings didn't fall down because of the wind strokes.

And as was mentioned above, it's good to read, that you, and your family are OK.

salt water corrodes everything metal it comes in contact with..... wiring  plumbing  nails holding your house together,  electronics... think about everything you own in a house that is stored below 3-4 feet.. unless its in an upper cabinet, or a shelf closet. Its pretty much a goner by the time you can get to it and try to save it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook