Skip to main content
Topic: My day with Sandy so far........ (Read 15905 times) previous topic - next topic

My day with Sandy so far........

Reply #75
That's awful to see. Are they only stripping up to the water level?

Reply #76
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;402498
That's awful to see. Are they only stripping up to the water level?

they took one foot above the water level. Thats what the Insurance authorizes.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #77
DUDE that sucks. I did not realize how bad you got hit!!!! Why would they not remove the entire section of the sheet rock??? It in my view is easier to do full sheets than try to tape it in the middle. At 6 bucks a sheet for rock they must be kidding. God Bless And take care. Keep the faith BROTHER. Time will heal your wounds. Hope you are in good spirits and get your home repaired fast, GOOD LUCK!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #78
Quote from: TOM Renzo;402500
DUDE that sucks. I did not realize how bad you got hit!!!! Why would they not remove the entire section of the sheet rock??? It in my view is easier to do full sheets than try to tape it in the middle. At 6 bucks a sheet for rock they must be kidding. God Bless And take care. Keep the faith BROTHER. Time will heal your wounds. Hope you are in good spirits and get your home repaired fast, GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Tom, they may end up removing it all, its an insurance company thing for now.......and the priority was to open the walls and dry out everything before mold can grow.

Reply #79
David, that looks horrendous!! But thankfully they are starting the repair work. Any word on the vehicle situation?? The Bird looks so.. so.. unhappy sitting there like that. Best wishes on the recovery/remodel and keep your chin up.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #80
David,
        I'm very sorry to see how you and your family has been effected by Sandy. How is your company treating you though all this?

Reply #81
Quote from: 86cougar;402508
David,
        I'm very sorry to see how you and your family has been effected by Sandy. How is your company treating you though all this?

I am self employed, and have done zero business for 2 weeks......going back to sort out the mess today.......thanks for the kind thoughts.

Reply #82
Sorry for your loss... Hard to imagine...

We went through Isabel in '03 and even though there was much damage in the area, she was a walk in the park compared to what Sandy did to NY/NJ...

Reply #83
Quote from: daminc;401699
Surprisingly, he told me that his bird was only a little damp inside, even with a missing back window, with a tarp over the car... apparently our car doors seal very well compared to a new car..
Jerry

They do keep the water out pretty darn good. I think it was in 96' or 97' thereabout while living in Washington state, it flooded bad enough that Portland OR was cut off. I was living in Chehalis WA and my then-girlfriend came to get me from a truckstop 10 miles to the north. It took her 3 hrs to get me, but the trip home took almost 5 because the water had risen and either washed out the roads or was to deep. I was following a guy in his Toyota 4X4 (we talked on our CB's)and we were doing pretty good till we came up to this one area. The water wasn't deep, it was just standing, but it was just really far across. I went for it. I kept the rpms up around 3k but was only moving at about 3 mph. I didn't worry about burning up the clutch as it was being water-cooled lol. Irolled my window down and could put my entire hand in the water! I thought OH S@#T. The only issue i had was a BIG ford F250 came towards me pushing a wall of water in front of him. Window went up real quick!! The water went completely over my car! Much to my surprise it didn't die out. When I did get back home, I put the car up on my friends lift and changed all the fluids and surprisingly there wasn't any water in anything. I repacked the front bearings, refilled all the fluids and kept rollin along.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #84
They don't make'em like that anymore
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #85
whats left of my house........

Reply #86
Wow..... Did they say how long till it's ready for you & your family?

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #87
Quote from: 1BadBird;402784
Wow..... Did they say how long till it's ready for you & your family?

Hey John,  The real issue is the availability of materials for the rebuild.  They are saying 8-12 weeks for a boiler right now....... i am crossing my fingers for a may completion....

Reply #88
Wow! May. I would imagine building materials and such could be in short supply with the high demand for them in the area. Is the insurance company putting your family up in a hotel for now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 T-Bird V6 C5
91 F-150 5.0L 5spd
93 Mustang LX 351C C4
2013 Honda CRV AWD

Reply #89
David, that has me speechless. May, wow.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]