Skip to main content
Topic: My 87 LX (Read 80935 times) previous topic - next topic

My 87 LX

Reply #300
Gave her about a gallon of gas and a full charge a little while ago, pumped the gas once and she fired right up. sat and idled for a good 20 minutes, its good to hear the old girl run. aside from only one of my ponies holding air I swapped one atleast. One needs a new valve stem, and I need 2 new tires and 3 new valve stems and I should be good to go on the ponies.

Aside from that, no really big updates unfortunatly.

My 87 LX

Reply #301
Small update, not a very significant one but still an update none the less. My buddy wanted his slicks and skinnies back, no biggy. This is what she's sporting for the time being. and also a start to another hood project that Im going to try out.

The hood came off my buddies new fox, its a train wreck on the underside but the scoop and most of the upper half is salvageable, the guy must have molded two fiberglass hoods together cause the under side is ugly. SVO style scoop plus a cowl for free and I have a junkish TC hood here that could use some sprucing up hopefully I get THIS one centered correctly, unlike the last one.

My 87 LX

Reply #302
Cut out the good stuff. Its still up in the air

Whatcha think?

My 87 LX

Reply #303
You should definetly get a shaker from a 03-04 Mach 1 and put on there! Talk about doing something really cool!
And also with the shaker beef up the hood abit, maybe using the one you mocked up now to make it "bigger". Just like they did on the 03-04 Mach 1. They beefed up the hood and also gave it the shaker which gave it a really aggressive look!

My 87 LX

Reply #304
I got the hood that scoop came off of for free I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay with the short boss scoop I have I was just looking at all the options lol

My 87 LX

Reply #306
Glass

My 87 LX

Reply #307
Yeah, the short boss scoop looks better. But I definetly think you should consider a Mach 1 shaker ;)

My 87 LX

Reply #308
I like it. A little short but it's workable. I might just have make a short detour to check that out  :evilgrin:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #309
I think Im going to stick with the short boss, If you want it come get it buddy! might need it to keep that 4.6 of yours happy under the hood

My 87 LX

Reply #310
Trim that bad boy up a bit on the sides to give it an easy edge to glass it on with, and it should be a pretty easy project. Flip it, cut out the framework and the skin where the new piece is and form the framework to fit the new and should be ready to roll.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

My 87 LX

Reply #311
If you add a hood scoop you should make it functional. Then it has a purpose ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

My 87 LX

Reply #312
Nate, I got to looking at it sitting on the car, its not really fitting with the look I'm going for. 1badbird is going to make a trip this way to check my bird out one of these weekends and I'm going to sneak it into his truck while he's not looking XD. It would be easy enough to do but it doesn't go with the "streamline-nostalgia" look I'm going for. Plus it will give is DOHC 4.6 a little more breathing room.

And Lou, my car isn't done yet give me some time, lol. Body work is the I'm broke and need somthing to tinker with portion of the progress with the old girl. Hopefully this summer I will be able to roll her out as a calico and just rock it. Need to get a little bit of drive time under her belt before I go making her all pretty. Don't want to bring out a good looking car with over 7k invested and not be able to get out of its own way

My 87 LX

Reply #313
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;413412
1badbird is going to make a trip this way to check my bird out one of these weekends and I'm going to sneak it into his truck while he's not looking :D. It would be easy enough to do but it doesn't go with the "streamline-nostalgia" look I'm going for. Plus it will give is DOHC 4.6 a little more breathing room.

LOL!! I'll be driving my boss's Taurus ;) but it'll fit in the trunk :hick:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

My 87 LX

Reply #314
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;413412

And Lou, my car isn't done yet give me some time, lol. Body work is the I'm broke and need somthing to tinker with portion of the progress with the old girl. Hopefully this summer I will be able to roll her out as a calico and just rock it. Need to get a little bit of drive time under her belt before I go making her all pretty. Don't want to bring out a good looking car with over 7k invested and not be able to get out of its own way

I hear ya. I just think it would be cool to have functioning ram air :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.