Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone into guns? (Read 10857 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone into guns?

Reply #30
Into guns......uh...yeah.  I'm from PA...according to Obama we only cling to two things...guns and religion.  At last valuation, my collection is worth around $55K.
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #31
Quote from: tireshredder;286401
AK 47: Hit the broad side of a barn... while standing in it.
AR 15: Hit the broad side of a barn from across the farm.
Mosin Nagant:  Hit the farm from 2 counties over.

You shoot that gun in pairs.  Once for fun, then again to relocate your shoulder.

Or so I've heard...

That's funny as all hell!
In my case, insert SKS, .30-30, and .303 Brit, respectively, lol

I didn't think my 7.62x54 shot any harder than the typical .30-06 or .303 Brit...just me though.
A gun dealer at one time had a Browning .50 caliber rifle....we took it out to his range, I shot it once. I still have a slight limp, I'm now half deaf, and I can scratch my back without moving my arm.

Not really, but that big  kicked harder than anything I've shot before or probably will again. .338 Mag did a number on me too.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone into guns?

Reply #32
If you can handle shooting anything over .50 Cal I am positive you can handle shooting a Mosin Nagant, I have heard the Carbine versions kick a bit harder though. Metal butt pad FTW!

Anyone into guns?

Reply #33
Try a S&W 500 mag...... now thats a fun pistol!!!!! When i was working at S&W they always put on this free shooting day for employees and family,....ive  handled everything from their .22 pistol,.. up to the 500 mag,.. and their new line of double barrel break away shotties,...
I used to make the slides for the sigma series 9 and 40 cal,... man i miss that place...
cant wait to start collecting!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Anyone into guns?

Reply #34
I've never fired a .50 cal before. But I can tell you this, the Steyer M95 literally kicks like a mule. It's an 8X56 round and the rifle is no bigger than an M44. I have only fired mine twice. Seriously, I could only stand to put 2 rounds down range with it. I fired off the first round and saw stars. After the second round I felt like my teeth were loose. So, I cleared the weapon and sat on a bench behind the firing line to clear my head. That was 15 years ago. I havent fired the weapon since. The Nagant's and the Enfield's pack a punch and I have alot of respect for the soldiers who took them into battle. They are some of my favorite rifles. They are acurate, reliable and beautiful in their own way. But, the M95 is ridiculous! If you ever have the oportunity to fire one... dont do it, it hurts.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #35
Ummm you could say that I am into them. LOl

My daddy was a gun smith, I started shooting when I was 5 yrs old. I grew up out in the middle of no where. I hunt and fish and shoot (for fun...nothing more relaxing than target practice for me).

I have a .22 Jennings, a 20 g, a muzzle loader.
My oldest son has a .22 and a 12g.
My younger son has a .22 and wants a 20 g.

My daughters can all shoot, except Keely and we are trying to get her to start learning.

My father in law is an avid hunter and has more guns in his house than I can count.

Oh and if you ask my husband...he'll tell you that I am a better shot than he is, even though he was an expert marksman in the Army. lol
My brother in law found out years ago that I could shoot too... he kind of challenged me (wrong thing to do and my father in law laughed the entire time), to shoot the cherry off his cigarette. I asked if he wanted to hold it in his mouth or sit it down. He chose to put it on a log.
I proceeded to shoot the cherry off it, and my father in law told him to just shut up from then on. LMAO
Oh and my boys can shoot like me... it's like a natural thing to us... I was practically born with a gun in my hand.... and so were they.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Anyone into guns?

Reply #36
Angel, thats awesome!

Anyone into guns?

Reply #37
Quote from: massCougarxr7;286499
cant wait to start collecting!

And once you start you can't stop!

the Steyer M95 literally kicks like a mule

I actually almost bought one of these. To be quite honest the most shoulder destroying gun I ever shot was a buddy's muzzleloader or his 12 Ga with his "Special loads". Ever since then most guns don't bother me. I used to have an M1 Carbine (.30 Cal overgrown pistol round) that had some suprising kick to it but I say it was from the heavy bolt.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #38
Quote from: LittleAngel1198;286504
Oh and if you ask my husband...he'll tell you that I am a better shot than he is, even though he was an expert marksman in the Army.

My buddy was too, one day he invited me out to the range at his base and challenged me to a shoot off. He lost, to add insult to injury they hung a dime at about 50 yds(Esitimate) and I hit that too. His CO asked why I never signed up, I told him I always assumed my heart defect would make me ineligible.

My buddy no longer talks to me after they laughed at him.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #39
im from tennessee were all into guns....... ive got enough guns and ammo to start a small  war
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1979 Mercury Cougar X R 7
White w/ Maroon Vynl Top
Maroon Interior
302 BIG HP IN PROGRESS

Anyone into guns?

Reply #40
Shot a firearm for the first time the other day. Was down visiting my buddy in WV and he took us out to a shooting range and let me try out his saiga 12, it was surprisingly light and didnt kick hard at all. I sucked at shooting pigeons but still had fun unloading three 12ga birdshots in like a second. Some little blonde chick there made me feel like a little sissy mary and the guys she was with let me shoot their 9mm glock. Pretty good time.

Honestly the glock kicked harder than the saiga.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Anyone into guns?

Reply #41
Yes I’m into guns but living here in New York (NYC metro area) I have to keep it to my self. But yea I have a few. People here just don’t understand I have a few friends into it with me the others I feel just need to be educated to enjoy it. I love the range I could shot paper all day, I am also a hunter and enjoy shooting tree stumps upstate. I have plenty of toys in the cabinet.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #42
yes i collect guns, i'm mostly into bolt action rifles but i also like AK's and AR15's, i just picked up a columbian 7mm mauser for a decent price on GB and a turkish mauser

Anyone into guns?

Reply #43
Took my Mosin out for a few shots yesterday, I was a tad suprised by the kick but it was manageable. Shot through a 1 1/2' thick tree!

The Remington needs work however, the trigger seems to be locked in place. That will be worked on today.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #44
I have a CZ-52 pistol, Modified Brit 303, Swiss 6.5x55 w/custom stock and a little 22lr rifle my dad had bought but never fired before passing.  :mad: My brother has my dad's yugo SKS and antique 12 ga  :mad:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]