Reply #45
Not a bad collection there ;)

Anyone into guns?

Reply #46
time to site in this years hunting rife, owe which to chose from

Anyone into guns?

Reply #47
Does airsoft count? :hick:

My dad likes guns, His collection isnt that big though 'cuz we never have any money to spend towards it. >.<

I'm no gun expert myself so bare with me...
From what i recall he has:
an AR-15 from when he served.
a 9mm that looks like my walther p-23 airsoft.
a couple 22's that my mom and grandma used to carry for protection.
something vintage looking (6 shooter), I forget what he calls it it... might be a colt, but i think its a kit gun.
and his most recent purchase is a Mossberg 16ga, And he just bought a bigger barrel for it.

He keeps looking at .45's lately xD
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Anyone into guns?

Reply #48
Quote from: Innes;287136
time to site in this years hunting rife, owe which to chose from

I have the same problem.
1987 TC

Anyone into guns?

Reply #49
I can't figure out what gun I want to buy next! I totally understand ;)

Anyone into guns?

Reply #50
Since so many of us are into guns I thought I'd throw a few pictures of my two guns up.

First off I tried out my bayonet on my Mosin Nagant and was suprised when it actually went on with no trouble! Normally they either don't go on or when they do they won't come off! This thing is literally 5' long with the bayonet on it!

Next was the Remington 788 my father in law gave me for free because he didn't shoot it for so long the trigger was locked into place. After about an hour of driving pins and the trigger out I got it all fixed! A little oil for the trigger and the gun is basically brand new, this gun has had a total of 60ish rounds through it since the 70's.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #51
You could say I'm into guns. ;)

I just added a new Kimber Custom II to my collection the other day.  If you're into carry (which everybody who legally can should be, IMO), check out http://www.usacarry.com :)

I just recently got done with the polishing job on the Kimber.  It now has a fully mirror polished action, polished feed ramp & tuned trigger.  Shoots like a dream for a mid-level 1911!  I also got a Ruger Mark III Target with all the bells and whistles.  Much cheaper to shoot than anything else, and I like to have at least 1,000 rounds on "standby" for every gun I have.  Right now the corner of my bedroom is stacked waist high with "reserve" ammo in different calibers. :D

The Kimber is going to get a bobtail, Meprolight bar/dot tritium sights, match trigger/sear assembly, and two tone ceramic coat.  It is my main carry weapon that goes everywhere with me, and I mean just about everywhere.  I'm not a violent person but I am always PREPARED! :)

Anyone into guns?

Reply #52
I'm planning to pick up something I can carry (yes, I have a concealed-carry permit). Probably a .38, maybe a small .357. My dad has a dealer's license so I can pick his brain for advice. It will definitely be a revolver, since they're guaranteed not to jam.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Anyone into guns?

Reply #53
Almost forgot my dads favorite piece:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Anyone into guns?

Reply #54
It's not my pistol, but it should even the odds if the day comes when I need to defend the upstairs...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Anyone into guns?

Reply #55
Quote from: Quietleaf;289577
I'm planning to pick up something I can carry (yes, I have a concealed-carry permit). Probably a .38, maybe a small .357. My dad has a dealer's license so I can pick his brain for advice. It will definitely be a revolver, since they're guaranteed not to jam.

Actually, revolvers CAN jam.  The instructor of our CWL class showed us how it happens...  anything that gets lodged in between the cylinder, frame, or crane will cause the entire pistol to lose function.  Whether it be a piece of paper, lint, debris or whatever, it will "jam".  Unless the hammer is already back (yeah right), it ain't firing until you clear it.

As for what I'd carry for a revolver, I currently have a Ruger SP101, GP100, and a J frame S&W .38.  The J frame is the smaller of the bunch, but the SP101 packs a bigger punch and for some reason conceals on me a little more comfortably.  .357 Magnum is the way to go if you're going to carry a snub-nose, because you lose a LOT of velocity with them since they don't have much barrel length to work with.

.38 +P+ out of a snub-nose barrel produces sub-.380 ACP velocities, think about that.  With that kind of punch, you pretty much give up the reason you were carrying the larger revolver to begin with.  Please consider the .357 to be the minimum for a snubby!

As for me, I still carry my SP101 around occasionally (rule #1 of a gunfight) when I can't dress around my other carry stuff.  Otherwise its a large frame auto.  I wasn't comfortable carrying an auto for a long time until I saw how much abuse they can take and got into the gunsmithing aspect of it all.  My mind is much more at ease now that I completely know how most autos operate, and what I can do on my end to monitor/maintain/improve them.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #56
You know for a cheap revolver you can always buy an 1895 Nagant. Not to mention its the only revolver that can actually be used with a silencer. You can pick them up for anywhere around $80-100. They shoot an odd looking 7.62 round and don't kick much more than a .22 pistol.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #57
haha the good ole Nagant pistols..  For an oddball type of weapon, they are fun to shoot.  A good friend of mine collects Nagant-esque stuff.  If you really want a cheap shooter, the Mosin-Nagant in 7.62x54R is super fun as well!  I don't think I would try to defend myself with either of them, but cheap & functional firearms + cheap, widely available milsurp ammo (even now) = lots of fun at the range!

Anyone into guns?

Reply #58
Quote from: Ryan H;290118
If you really want a cheap shooter, the Mosin-Nagant in 7.62x54R is super fun as well!  I don't think I would try to defend myself with either of them, but cheap & functional firearms + cheap, widely available milsurp ammo (even now) = lots of fun at the range!

x2

Since I have one ;)

Anyone into guns?

Reply #59
I'd get one too if I had more than 100 yards to work with now. :(

Sold my built-up .308 when I moved to FL from GA.  I no longer own any rifles except an old Marlin .22 just because it isn't worth selling.