Topic: Anyone into guns? (Read 10997 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone into guns?

Reply #75
Guns...I'm afraid of guns..

I can't stand guns...

Especially 1910 Colt's in 32-20..

or Model 1892's in 32-20..

I stay far away from guns...and ammo too

I teach my kids to stay away from guns also, like I would never teach my 115 lb. 16 year old to shoot a full size Glock 21 in .45, no no no, never

I could go on, but I'll save the bandwidth for everyone else..

Anyone into guns?

Reply #76
yalls lost it....  88five0 is that your personal collection??? hehe I got a dining table just same as that in the top pic
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #77
All of mine are hunting.

Marlin 30-30

Remington .22 composite stock w/ scope

Remington 12 ga. semi auto 3 1/2" shells

Along with my Dad,

AK
Marlin .22 rifle stainless
Remington 20 ga pump
Remington 12 ga pump
Remington 12 ga semi 3 1/2 composite stock
9mm rifle, folding stock
I think 1 or 2 more .22, a Russian assault rifle (cant remember anything about it), Marlin .22 Mag pistol, I cant remember what else is in there or models on most of them.

Its been so long since I have had time or money to take them out. I cant even remember the last time I had them out. Ive only taken my .22 out once, my 12 ga twice maybe (other than a couple turkey shoots). Fall used to mean hunting time, trap shooting, sighting in days. Now it just means holiday season, more work.
1986 Cougar LS

Anyone into guns?

Reply #78
Well I have been gone for quite some time, I strayed away from cars for quite some time but have been working on a '67 Checker Marathon A-12E for a bit trying to get it sorted away(see pic)

As for my main focus/hobby right now, rifles, I have been working quite a bit. My Mosin project evolved quite a bit and now looks like this...

I also acquired a carbine Mosin Nagant also known as the Chinese Type 53, I redid the wood stock myself.

My last toy is a 1943 Swiss Karabiner 31, nothing quite as sweet as a Swiss straight pull rifle!

Glad to stop by and see how everyone is doing. Take care guys!

Anyone into guns?

Reply #79
This thread rocks. Here are some of mine.
Walther PPQ, .40 S&W, two 12 round mags.
X

The round on the left is a Hornady Critical Defense 175 grain polymer tipped round, the right one is a CorBon Pow'rBall in 135 grain. Again, a self defense round. This round is a little less snappy than the heavier bullets, and has very little to no flash.
X

Despite what is stamped on the slide, it is only imported by S&W, and nothing on or in this gun is made by S&W. Walther and S&W ended their partnership late last year, and Walther is or just did open a new place in Fort Smith Arkansas.
X

According to WaltherForums, the Gen One PPQ, aka the PPQ Classic (which is what mine is) is no longer in production, but the PPQ M2 is, and it's only difference is a push button mag release instead of the "paddle" that's on the bottom of the trigger guard (also ambidextrous, as is the slide stop). I prefer the paddle style, as it's easy to use my trigger finger to eject the empty mag without changing my grip on the gun. I think H&K also have a paddle, trigger guard mag release...

Mods to this fine shooter will be a DPM recoil reduction guide rod, and trijicon sights. I though Mepro would be a good brand, but a lot of guys on the waltherforums have/had issues with the front sight fitting correctly. I want my stuff to be top notch when it comes to safe, reliable shooting and where the bullet goes compared to point of aim.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone into guns?

Reply #80
More:
Another closer shot (pun intended) of the rounds
X

PPQ's guts. Don't mind the dirty appearance, I shot it today, about 50 rounds, so it does need cleaned now :)
X

Blackhawk holster from wal mart that actually works really well, for something that's less than 20 dollars.
X
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone into guns?

Reply #81
My carry gun, Walther PPS, also .40S&W. Seven round mag. I have 2 seven rounds, and a six round mag for this. Most of the time I carry, it has the 6 round in it, unless I'm wearing a t shirt and a hooded sweater, then I'll use the 7 round, as you can tell in the first pic, it tends to print a little easier due to the longer, pointed mag extension.
For size reference, this is pretty much the same dimensionally as a Glock 27.
X

Fits like a dream. Yes, it looks dirty, but it's actually tiny bits of leather fibers from the custom holster.
X

This baby don't need no weight watchers!
X
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone into guns?

Reply #82
A top view of the ETW custom holster, showing the slim shady.
X

The numbers don't lie. With holster.
This and the next pic are measured at the widest part, the slide stop lever.
X

without holster.
X

By the way, in these shots of the PPS, the mag is empty, and the chamber is also empty. I don't like to dry fire my guns anymore than I have to, that is why the red dot on the back (ready to fire indicator) is visible. I repeat, there are NO rounds IN the gun OR mag in these photos!! :)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone into guns?

Reply #83
Slim shady lol

I'm getting my son his first rifle in a few days for his 7th b day

Guns are part of being American.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #84
From the top:
Pre '64 Model 94 Winchester .30-30
1917 Enfield .303 British
2005 or '06 Winchester Model 70 Black Shadow .30-06
late '20s Model 12 WInchester 12GA pump.
X

Another view.
X

Taurus Model 80 .38spl. In either this thread, or the other, a fella posted a pic of his S&W Model 10....this looks a lot like that, only a longer barrel. Also, the grips are not stock...I've looked at thousands of google images of Model 80 wheelguns, never saw another with grips like these.

Later this year, I think I will take the .303 down and give it a thorough cleaning since it's now "retired" from active duty. I won't refinish the stock or blue the barrel, just a deep clean and oil it up. It's a veteran. No need for bling, it would just ruin it, IMO. I've even thought about an aftermarket stock, and keeping the original somewhere safe, if I ever wanted to put it back to the way it was.
My dad has a couple with all the furniture...takes a better man than me to pack on of those monster around all day.
X
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6