Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone into guns? (Read 10996 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone into guns?

Reply #15
Hell yeah there  COOL! Anyhow My most recent purchase was a 1944 Spanish Mauser in 8x57 or as the receiver says 7.92cal. I've also got a few other rifles and couple of handguns. Nothing like sitting out plinking away. Keeps us on the ready in case we have to hunt or need it for some unfortunate occasion. I haven't had my hands on a Fin Mosin but my buddy has 3 Russian Mosins 2 91/30's and an M44.

Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Anyone into guns?

Reply #16
I too have a Mosin-Nagant, don't know the specifics..think it's Hungarian.
I've got a WIn. 30-30, a .303 Brit, several old shotguns, a few .22's.

My dad has close to half a dozen .303's, a handful of .45-70 Gov's, some other stuff I can't recall.
I've also got a Taurus .38 Spl...would love to have a Taurus .40

I briefly owned a 9mm semi auto rifle...wasn't anything fancy, just about able to click 7 shots without falling alseep, it was only slightly more worthless than the Chinese SKS I gleefully traded some idiot for my .303 Brit.

When I first shot the 7.62x54, I thought if I ever managed to be able (or crazy) enough to use it for deer, if the ugliness of the rifle didn't kill the deer, then the noise would if the bullet didn't, lol.

I've got a few boxes of shells for it for hunting, but it's hard to leave Reliable (.303) in the house when I go out. I've never killed deer with anything other than the Brit, and a a few vehicles, and once, with a knife. But that's a different story, for a different thread. :D
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone into guns?

Reply #17
I actually kind of suprised to hear a few guys on here have Mosins, I actually like em alot. They aren't a bad gun for the money either. I am really into older WWII era rifles/guns.

87DailyDriver- Yes, I have seen an SVT40 I wish I could get one to add to my collection but $2000 is a little out of my range for a rifle.

I have been looking into getting an SVD Dragunov or similar copy of it. (If you can't tell I like eastern front/Russian guns) I really have no interest in getting an AK or SKS though, they just don't do anything for me.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #18
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;286296
I too have a Mosin-Nagant, don't know the specifics..think it's Hungarian.

I have some friends who can decode all the markings on the reciever if you want ;)

Anyone into guns?

Reply #19
My grandfather is a retired gun dealer, so I've been exposed all my life to sporting arms.  Plus being in the infantry, I was exposed to more firepower than some, but don't own any....though an MP5K would be nice to have.

Anyway, I have a few.
1987 TC

Anyone into guns?

Reply #20
i dnt think alex likes guns any more...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone into guns?

Reply #21
M81 long rifle 41 cal center fire

yes i said rim fire

plus a few more along with my consealed license

Anyone into guns?

Reply #22
Quote from: BEARMAX;286302
i dnt think alex likes guns any more...lol

Oh, you mean because a bullet almost went through my driving foot? LOL. Man that was scary!

Anyone into guns?

Reply #23
Quote from: baxo;286323
Oh, you mean because a bullet almost went through my driving foot? LOL. Man that was scary!

Wow, I bet theres an interesting story behind that one.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #24
I think I'd probably like the person responsible for it a bit less...;)
(the firearm didn't do it alone)

I'll have to get you some good pics of the markings and email them to you ;)
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Anyone into guns?

Reply #25
Sounds good man

Anyone into guns?

Reply #26
I have a Winchester model 70 in .300 win mag and a Ruger Super Redhawk w/scope.  I do miss my .220 Swift though.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #27
WOW, I never knew the SVT40 was bringing anywhere near the $2000.00 dollar mark. I bought it 15 years ago for next to nothing. I dont remember what I paid for it but I'm cheap, so it couldnt have been much. Maybe I should sell it to pay for some mods on the T'Bird. I can see my Wife rolling her eyes now. As for the Nagants, I love them. Hard to argue with a 7.62X54 round. I have a few 91/30's and an M44. The M44 hurts a little when you shoot it though. But, I'm always amazed at the acuracy of these old rifles. I have some current production stuff also.  However, these old WWII rifles are tough to beat. Heck, some of my stuff pre-dates WWI.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #28
AK 47: Hit the broad side of a barn... while standing in it.
AR 15: Hit the broad side of a barn from across the farm.
Mosin Nagant:  Hit the farm from 2 counties over.

You shoot that gun in pairs.  Once for fun, then again to relocate your shoulder.

Or so I've heard...
1988 Thunderbird Sport (1st car)
351W in the works
"I'll get it one piece at a time...":D

Quote from: bhazard;300566
You got woman'd.

Anyone into guns?

Reply #29
Quote from: tireshredder;286401

AK 47: Hit the broad side of a barn... while standing in it. 
AR 15: Hit the broad side of a barn from across the farm.

I've been told this before but my Saiga AK is a whole different story. Then on that AR that is if it doesn't jam first!  Oh and if the AR is such the awesome gun why after all these years are they making the AR's work like an AK with a gas piston setup?

Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird