Skip to main content
Topic: OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar.... (Read 6785 times) previous topic - next topic

OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar....

Reply #30
I still say my old t-bird had the best rattle can job ever!

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=10995&highlight=rattle
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #31
Back in the day, there was this chick around here that had what looked to be a custom Monte Carlo SS.  Bigger wheels and tires, nice stance and maybe a warmed over motor, not sure.  The eye catcher, though, was the paint.  From the doors back, it was factory dark blue.  Forward was a different story.  The hood, fenders and front end were all primer, and there was a sticker or paint on one of the fenders about it being a hot rod (eg "street survivor" or something, don't remember what, exactly).

Are you planning on going 'primer' as your final paint scheme?  Semi gloss and flat finishes are so 2008 these days.

Suggestions - I'd go with slightly bigger wheels and match the entire exhaust to the size of the tips, and if you're going to talk the talk with a scheme like that, make sure the car can walk the walk.  Keeping that in mind, I do kinda like what you did with the trunk lettering.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #32
yes i know, if it talks the talk, it has to walk the walk,... i have a new tranny, and almost everything i need for the HO swap,... i only need injectors and a computer,.. (which im hoping to get this week, after i work a cement job with my stepdad... then, it toolin time!! but before i can drive around i at least need an h-pipe,... then s n turndowns,....if money permits,.....
And yes i want to go satin black, with a deep red(maybe gloss0 stripe,.. then i may smoke the rims like ipsd suggested, with lower pro tires and lettering.... oh, itd be sick....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #33
I like it man. I wouldn't have chosen those rims, but I don't think they look terrible.

LOVE the "Eliminator" lettering.

Props.
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #34
Quote from: massCougarxr7;281904

86XR7Project--- I will be coming over at SoME point, for us to paint my car, Satin black baby,...

You bringing the beer?

Reply #35
Quote from: 86XR7project;282064
You bringing the beer?

HELL YEA bro!!!  Ill bring whatever you want!!! hopefully we can meet at CJ next year and work somethin out!! UMM question....... is there a such thing as satin or flat clear??? Im guessing that just plain satin paint will do the same thing as primer with the rock chips and small scratches...
[/IMG]

Reply #36
There is a flat clear coat,as well as a satin clear coat.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #37
Good,i cant wait for real paint,,  now that im talikng about my car more, im more impatient.... soo how about an 86 front clip????(header and bump cover??)
[/IMG]

Reply #38
i like it, it has a nostalgic 60-70s look to it put some glass pac on it

Reply #39
Quote from: Innes;282139
i like it, it has a nostalgic 60-70s look to it put some glass pac on it

Actually, it had a glasspack on it but with the stock ccats and y pipe,.. now its just cat and nothing else,.. sounds horrible....
[/IMG]

Reply #40
Yeah man, I dunno that I'll make it next year but I'd like to try. I'm sure we could hash somethin out ;). Drinkin and paintin is fun! The next day is the part that makes ya sweat, seeing weather it looks as good as it did when you where mildly drunk...

JK!

Reply #41
LMFAO!!!!!!! well hey itll be fun!!! as long as there are no mistakes.....yikes thatd be bad......jk
[/IMG]

Reply #42
hi-  what is the significance of the Eliminator lettering?    I think it would look mean with turbines.    did you do high output conversion?  is your neighbor still a pain in the ass?

Reply #43
Ok, you asked what we thought about the cougar and I'm going to be perfectly honest.
It looks like .
It looks like someone who doesn't know and doesn't care about anything that has to with cars has abused it badly.
And then some other owner came and even made it worse.

So yeah ... I hate it :)
Can look good if you put effort in it!

Reply #44
Quote from: vinnietbird;281861
Now,that's only my opinion.We all like what we like.As with the Sport (my car),I built the car to what my vision of it stated it should be.The way I like it.That's what you have to do to your car,build it how you like it regardless of outside opinions.If you want things a certain way,but funds prevent that from happening,save the money and do it right.You'll suffer for a while during the waiting process,but be happier in the long run when the work is done as you want it.For the Eliminator badges,check Ebay,or,have some graphics made up (fairly cheap at a vinyl graphics shop.In the long run,I respect what you're doing,and encourage you to keep moving forward.Every project has to start somewhere....with an idea.Good luck.We all need that with these cars.LOL.

Well said vinnie.