Skip to main content
Topic: OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar.... (Read 7044 times) previous topic - next topic

OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar....

This is ow my car looks as of right now,...soon to come, the stripe is going dark red, and it will get moved back some,...
SO LETS HEAR IT,..GOOD BAD, JUST DISH IT OUT<>>>
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I know i have little things to do,.. like get more primer, and fix my other two mud flaps,.. but for now i think it looks cool,....
MORE PICS UPON REQUEST............
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1
OOOPs, mods please move this thread to the user rides section..... sry for the inconvience..
[/IMG]

Reply #2
looking good, but I would of kept it red and made the stripe satin black. but it does look alright.

Reply #3
Thanks, i know i need some real paint, and non rotted fenders....
[/IMG]

Reply #4
Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate the wheels. Did I mention I hate the wheels? :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
I'd hit it!  Three times!
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #6
i hate the wheels man but overall the car looks great man. But the wheels kill it. Just throw some ponys on there or at least 10 holes but if you can afford like cobras or welds then go for it.
MODS: cone filter, no cat, flowmaster dumped, boost contoller, 4:10s

Reply #7
Transition between the rear bumper and lack of side trim stands out to me.  Other than that, so far so good!
1987 TC

Reply #8
Quote from: HAVI;281800
Transition between the rear bumper and lack of side trim stands out to me.  Other than that, so far so good!

X2 - Minus the wheels.
Hard to tell how the wheels will look, until the car has paint.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
Not too bad,but it does need help.It is DANGEROUSLY close to becoming a 70's Camaro owner's dream car.Swap the exhaust tips,move the stripe WAY back,and get the car painted.The wheels look too small,and don't match that kind of car.Maybe a 4 banger Fox Stang coupe.Cougars and Birds just aren't meant for flat black paint and big ol' exhaust tips like that.Keep things symmetrical.Make sure everything fits together.I like the spoiler idea.Cougars pull that off better than the Birds do.Longer trunk lid I think.With the placement of the stripe,check out the early 70's Mopars.They got it right.Ma Mopar knew their  back then.Things have changed,but the "style" is right.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #10
Lose the wheels and the lettering on the trunk.  I like the stripe, even if it IS a Mopar trait.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #11
Poor thing looks like a Rat Rod!

Reply #12
Quote from: V8Demon;281806
Lose the wheels and the lettering on the trunk.  I like the stripe, even if it IS a Mopar trait.

I agree.I like the stripe idea a lot,just not so far forward.The letters do look like Autozone stick on stuff.I like the whole design you're going for though.Just needs a little fine-tuning.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #13
If you want to do the eliminator lettering later, i'd go with a more subtle look, perhaps, kind of like ghost flames, for example...kind of unobtrusive, but yet different, and not something that looks like off-the-shelf parts-store special. ;)

I agree about the wheels as well, I bet turbines would go nicely with what you may have in mind for the finished product. I wish turbines were 16", I'd much rather have 'em over 'Flakes any day...

Other than that, I think it's shaping up well...the stripe idear is pretty neat, I dig it :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #14
Quote from: Watchdevil;281808
Poor thing looks like a Rat Rod!

On my budget, thats the only look i can afford!!! :rollin: Thanks for the replies guys,... and the lettering IS the autozone , i wanna put an original eliminator tag on it eventually, and i knew the wheels would kill ur opinions., but like i said, i have what i have and thats all,... glad to hear most of you like it!!!!!
Hey vinn,.... whatcha mean by the whole spoiler thing???
FordtruckFreek...yes i wanted to blacken my turbines like some others have, but two are screwed.... and the AA rims only cost me $175
Now remeber guys, i threw this thing together in a day and have been making minor mods along the past 2,000 miles...... I put the stripe on right before i went to hampton beach for the fourth of july...... it was kinda a rush job,... but then again the whole car is primer anyway!!!
[/IMG]