Skip to main content
Topic: OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar.... (Read 7042 times) previous topic - next topic

OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar....

Reply #15
I think it's coming together and looks alright. I like the stripe and eliminator script. 2 things that i have not seen on a cat/bird. The tips are not bad but they need to be tweaked. The wheels aren't my style but they look okay on the car. Probably would change those.

I see your rocking the "R" race sticker.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #16
I agree with most of the opinions already shared. Turbines or 10 holes would be a huge improvement. I think putting the 1/4 panel trim back on would help too because that bumper transition does just stick out. I would also lose the rear bumper stickers and "tone down" the trunk lettering. Modifications should improve the overall look of a car, not cause your eye to be drawn to them. Overall, with your budget (or lack thereof), I think it's coming along great. Now that I think about it, I've been working on my project for three years and it's not even on the road yet, so I should be taking advice from you!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #17
I like the wheels, but then again I wasn't going to spend $250 a piece for a brand new set for my bird, lol. At least it looks different than everyone elses car. Who wants turbines? Everyone has turbines, all the mustangs and a ton of cougars and birds. The ten holes are very common too, I don't like having the same as everyone.

Reply #18
Bumper stickers gotta go man, otherwise looks good. Love the stripe too.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #19
looks great im digging the stripe.and the wheels fit the era im digging them to
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #20
Bumper stickers are tacky and a DEFINITE no no.

The stripe looks pretty cool IMO along with your spoiler, I think this looks both tasteful and well executed with the Cougar in the stripe. Other than its all primer...

Good God man, put the turbines back on. Those AR rims only belong on Camaros.

The Eliminator text is a neat idea, I had wanted to make an Eliminator of my car as well. Great minds think alike I guess.

Keep up the work!

Reply #21
Ok here is the DL. Keep the wheels if that is what you like. Thinking they have to much offset in the rear. But buy some LOW PROFILE tires. Then lower it down some. Not talking SLAMMED just enough to help the fender well gap with the lowpro's. Then if you want flat black just get real flat black that would help without all the Rattle can spots. Those tips are cool just need to be tucked and coming out the lower part of the rear bumper cover. As far as the strip do what you gotta do but the ghost stripe it where is it at. The huge ELIMINATOR on the rear each to there own but the ghost idea sounds good for this too. Next WINDOW TINT maybe not LIMO black like I like but something is a lot better than NONE.  Might even once over those tail lights with some VHT taillight tint to help the over all effect. Maybe even get some headlight covers custom made. Full blackout mode. Maybe even spray some tail light tint over the wheels to give the shiny parts that SMOKED look. Be sure to cover it with clear to protect it.

Stuckman

P.S. It yours do what you want, You have to drive, own and deal with it might as well like it no matter what anyone says
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #22
I sorta like the eliminator is.

I always wanted to get a vinyl sticker made up to read Corvette Killer for the back window on my old cougar. I am sure you could get some races now.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #23
Quote from: massCougarxr7;281819

Hey vinn,.... whatcha mean by the whole spoiler thing???

I mean,the Cougar has a bigger trunk lid.....more distance between the rear window and the back of the car,and the spoiler works well with your car......and Cougars in general.I think the spoilers look to cluttered on a Thunderbird.Now,that's only my opinion.We all like what we like.As with the Sport (my car),I built the car to what my vision of it stated it should be.The way I like it.That's what you have to do to your car,build it how you like it regardless of outside opinions.If you want things a certain way,but funds prevent that from happening,save the money and do it right.You'll suffer for a while during the waiting process,but be happier in the long run when the work is done as you want it.For the Eliminator badges,check Ebay,or,have some graphics made up (fairly cheap at a vinyl graphics shop.In the long run,I respect what you're doing,and encourage you to keep moving forward.Every project has to start somewhere....with an idea.Good luck.We all need that with these cars.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #24
I run those same rims on my 83. They look nifty with raised white letter tires.

Of course, my rims are in worse shape, and I only paid $20 each for them at a junk yard (and they look better then the spoked hubcaps!!)

CoogarXR
CoogarXR : 1985 Cougar XR-7

Reply #25
Quote from: jpc647;281839
I like the wheels, but then again I wasn't going to spend $250 a piece for a brand new set for my bird, lol. At least it looks different than everyone elses car. Who wants turbines? Everyone has turbines, all the mustangs and a ton of cougars and birds. The ten holes are very common too, I don't like having the same as everyone.

If you like the wheels, that's what counts. However, reread what you just said, "EVERYONE has turbines." Why is that? It's because turbines look awesome on these cars, just like snowflakes look awesome on Turbo Coupes. I know you don't like being the same as everyone else, but that's a fine line. Painting it pink with yellow polka dots would be different too, but definitely not desirable. You need to be different, but still tasteful and, of course, it has to be what you like as you're driving it. I still think you're doing a great job and it's pretty cool you're asking for opinions. You're certainly getting an ear full. Keep up the great work!
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #26
not bad  like the concept  but hate the wheels

Reply #27
SHAME302--Its not a "R" sticker its a GG's custom metals sticker,.. (a good friend works there)
FLSTCI71----Trust me, id rather be fixing my front suspension than driving it,...
JPC647----thanks for the rims..... at least they catch peoples eye...
20TH---yes i know, they are only temporary
BEARMAX---Thanks, the stripe will recive minor changes asap...
86XR7Project--- I will be coming over at SoME point, for us to paint my car, SAtin black baby,...
IPSD--I agree with everything you had to say,.. i wanna black it out,.. and go kinda low pro in the rear, but wide enough tofill the wheel well,... and i want to paint on the lettering for now,....I made the exhaust tips out of some s 4inch aluminum tubing, but there wasnt enough length to make them long enough...
HAYSTACK---- Id love to smoke some hondas and such, but i need some money to put my good trans in,.. 1St is almost gone.....slips like a wet.....ya know....
Vinnietbird-- yea i c....ive always had the spoiler,.. and i wanna add another inch thick stripe behind the big one....i agree, bird windows go too far back on the trunk, i think they only look good with those vent things....
CoogarXR---yes i want raised lettering, but for now ill just have to paint them on,....and yes they look better than my screwed up turbines... two of them had bent lips,... the AR's are MINT!!!!!!
Thanks everyone for not being too harsh.......now that it looks alright im going to seriously plan my next mods.... c ya soon!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #28
Yes for once I'm right about something! LOL
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #29
A satin black paint job (real paint job,not spray cans) would really make a big difference as well.May give it that sinister look.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..