Skip to main content
Topic: OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar.... (Read 7041 times) previous topic - next topic

OK, Lets hear it,... What Do You Think Of My Cougar....

Reply #45
Quote from: Thunderbird88;305356
Ok, you asked what we thought about the cougar and I'm going to be perfectly honest.
It looks like .
It looks like someone who doesn't know and doesn't care about anything that has to with cars has abused it badly.
And then some other owner came and even made it worse.

So yeah ... I hate it :)
Can look good if you put effort in it!

Way to be a complete jerk...:flip:

Reply #46
agreed, a simple I dont like it would of been better said.  no need to totally bash on someones taste.

Reply #47
Quote from: 88turbo;305384
agreed, a simple I dont like it would of been better said.  no need to totally bash on someones taste.

Not just taste, but progress, and we really don't know all the details, a lot of people (my self included) do things as money become availible.

Reply #48
same here, if you saw my birds right now you probably wouldnt like them either.  time tells all ;)

Reply #49
Well ... He asked what I thought of it and I answered it simple! ;)
It's a nice car, got potential just need some fix ofcourse! ^^

Reply #50
Quote from: Thunderbird88;305435
Well ... He asked what I thought of it and I answered it simple! ;)
It's a nice car, got potential just need some fix ofcourse! ^^

So lets see how yours is so much better, I'd like to see how you think you can be so brutally honest.

Do you Swedes always act like complete :shakeass:holes?

Lets see your car!

Reply #51
How can you get upset if you post a pic of your car then ask what people think? Everybody has their own opinion and if you don't want to hear it-Don't ask for it.

Reply #52
Here is mine then as you wanted. First few pics is how it looked when I bought it as a 14-15 year old (can't remember exactly) and the later pictures is how it looked in August.
Hopefully it's done till this summer (if I can get my thumb out of my ass and do something)

http://www.garaget.org/?car=159087

And no, we don't act like complete assholes but you said that you wanted our opinions straight to you and I gave it ...

Reply #53
Quote from: Thunderbird88;305452
And no, we don't act like complete assholes but you said that you wanted our opinions straight to you and I gave it ...

This is the truth. If someone posts a picture of their car just to "show it off a little", it is cool to respect it and not bash it even if you don't like it. However, if someone posts a picture of their car and says, "Let's hear it good and bad". Well, that's a different situation. The gloves are off at your request, so be ready to take some hard punches. Just read what's written, pick out the good advice, learn from it and move on.

P.S. This is just a generic comment not directed at the OP because I haven't seen him complain. Remember guys, it's just the interwebz, so don't take it too seriously.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #54
Quote from: massCougarxr7;281780
This is ow my car looks as of right now,...soon to come, the stripe is going dark red, and it will get moved back some,...
SO LETS HEAR IT,..GOOD BAD, JUST DISH IT OUT<>>>
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I know i have little things to do,.. like get more primer, and fix my other two mud flaps,.. but for now i think it looks cool,....
MORE PICS UPON REQUEST............

looks fine just the way it is. keep the project car and drive it! as money and your taste change, then you will have no problem changing it on this car. that's what so fun about project cars, they go though stages.

Quote from: blu84302;281950
I still say my old t-bird had the best rattle can job ever!
http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=10995&highlight=rattle

i think i had one better!

before

after
remember it easier to fix them, than to find them after they been crushed.

V6 = juvenile delinquency!

Reply #55
I like it in black better....the station wagon.Hey rancheronut,what kind of work do you do?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #56
Quote from: vinnietbird;305788
I like it in black better....the station wagon.Hey rancheronut,what kind of work do you do?

at home? every thing from body work to drive train and interior.
as for job? i work for local sears. in the automotive ,as a CSA lead.
 why?

Reply #57
Just curious.I didn't know if you had some kind of car lot,used car,type business somewhere.I know you get a lot of cool cars,and had thought maybe they were for selling somewhere.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #58
no car lot. just very bad habit of car's following me home.
 my family use to me taking a drive for the day or two. they first look to see if the car trailer gone. if it isn't ,then I must have gone to get parts.
my thinking is, Montana a big state. so why not make the trip useful by bring a trailer along.

Reply #59
Reminds me of my buddies Cougar. His went from 20th anny to being painted orange, blue with a mopar stripe, then satin black which showed every little flaw.

Those were the only ones I could find from when it had the stripe.

I apologize for the -tastic cellphone pics but heres the satin black.

85 Tbird 5.0
78 F150 351w
13 F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost