Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 136411 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #270
New flywheel......even better !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #271
Yep...but $90 I wasn't expecting to spend, so I won't have enough to get some nice synthetic ATF.  Got the console piece in today and cleaned it up some.  Should serve well as I look for a mint one.  Less than 24 hours till the big day!

Reply #272
glad your happy with the trans.... my mustang sure misses it!! since the toploader cant go until i find the clutch set up!!

You gonna LOVE that shifter and handle man, i hope some day u can drive a T/C with a stock handle, its horrid compared to what I sold you, absolutely HORRID.
ur lucky I like you lol. That trans has fresh gears, seals, everything.... plus short throw and handle, you made out like a friggen bandit
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #273
Definitely man, thanks a ton!  I still *might* use the stock handle for now, but I'm not sure.  I'm definitely going to try both and see which one I like better.

Anyways, only about an hour or so (maybe less) from go time.  Can't wait!  I'll try to keep you all updated periodically.

Reply #274
can't wait to see an end result vid!
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #275
you have a stock handle???
you have to mod it to use it , and trust me I drove my dads bird with the ripper handle, and the stock. The stock one just sits to high and its not comfortable to use.
O and another piece of advice, that  I sent you is the stock bird , its a big big and spoogebersome. Get a smaller one and it makes it even better.
you wont regret using that handle i promise you. That handle is great for grabing 2nd when your doing hard pulls. I found that real fast!!
1st to second banging that handle in the turbo coupe at 12psi  it was fun! The car didnt like it much though
5th is a little stretch for my little arms but thats the only complaint. And that was on the stock shifter unit, the B&M one has a tighter gear pattern
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #276
Oh sweet, guess I'll try the shorter handle first, but the  I prefer doesnt seem to fit right on it...but we'll figure it out.  Anyways, just stopping in real quick during lunch break for an update.  We didnt get a good start till around noon, but with dad working on the interior and my uncle and i working underneath, we're close to having both the tranny and the pedals out.  I'll take pics when we get it all out.

Reply #277
awesome!!! get it done!!!
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #278
Alright, well as I said, we got a late start, and the main theme of the day was just a bunch of small nagging things that really kept us from going gung ho on it (anybody that's done a project knows how that goes).  However, we still made good progress that should set us up well to get the car back on the road tomorrow. 

Main points of progress:

- The front seat and steering column are out; just need to take out 2 more bolts to get the pedals out.

- AOD is outta there, new rear main seal and pilot bearing are in, along with the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate.

Anyways, here are the pics I managed to get:

Beginning

Adios AOD!

Underside of car after AOD removal

As the interior sits now:

Underside of car with new flywheel, etc

Reply #279
That's what I like to see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #280
I gotta quick question:  Is the boot that goes around the fork opening on the side of the bellhousing critical?  I've heard lots of people say that they don't use one.  I don't have one, but should I try to grab one tomorrow?

Reply #281
meh...its not critical. i never used one with no ill results. couldnt hurt having it either if you had one on hand.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #282
That's something you can always add later on.It just has one small bolt that holds it on.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #283
my dad never ran one with that trans in the stang
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #284
I like it just to keep "whatever" out.