Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 138479 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #255
Don't forget to install the little vacuum switch from your auto pedals onto the clutch pedal assembly.You can see the little tab above the brake pedal with the big hole in it.It's for the cruise control.Did you get an aluminum ckutch quadrant?Now's a good time to install one.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #256
Yes I got an aluminum quadrant.  Thanks for the info.  Dad and I have a whole cruise control setup to put in too (mine broke a while back), so I bet we'll hook that up while we're in there.

Reply #257
Quote from: kingcars;233873
Yes I got an aluminum quadrant.  Thanks for the info.  Dad and I have a whole cruise control setup to put in too (mine broke a while back), so I bet we'll hook that up while we're in there.

cruise control unit is mounted inside the driver side fender.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #258
Yep we know :) .  Lookin forward to Sat!

Reply #259
enjoy the pedal setup...its a peach. still one of my favorite cars on here dood. keep the good work up!
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #260
The pedals took me about an hour and a half.Not too bad.Not fun,but not as bad as I thought it would be.I didn't remove any of the bracing under the dash.Once I removed the necessary fasteners,I was able to flex the bracing just enough to allow the pedal swap.Removing the column really did make it easier as well.Every extra bit of space under there is sure appreciated.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #261
Just a mini update - I got the pilot bearing, and I got the tail shaft seal replaced.  I'm about to head out to have my flywheel recut and I'll be picking it up tomorrow.  I'll also be picking up new brake and clutch pedal pads tomorrow.  Everything is coming together nicely.  I have also confirmed that this tranny has the 7 tooth gear, so my 19 tooth speedo gear that I accidentally got a while back will actually be useful now.  So not only will I be going 5 speed, but I'll have an accurate speedo AND cruise control!  Just icing on the cake.  My steel bearing retainer arrived today as well.

Reply #262
I had to have a 20 tooth with my tires and 3.55 gears.Glad to hear you're almost there.PICS are a must.You know the rules.

Reply #263
Not sure how much time i'll have to take pics in case we need to get the project done somewhat quickly - the transmission in my sister's car just gave out, so yeah...

Reply #264
Come on, there's always time for pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #265
Click,click,click,click,click,click,click............see how quick that was?That was already 7 pictures.

Reply #266
Hahahaha I knew I could count on you guys to hound me for pics!  :D

Reply #267
We're not hounding you,we're "encouraging" you.

Reply #268
I was hounding. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #269
Well the guy that was going to resurface my flywheel told me that it was pretty much FUBAR.  I contacted the seller and informed him, not in a mad way or anything.  Headed up to Advance Auto to get a new one.  He called me up and said he'd be willing to pay for the new flywheel.  Can't beat that.  I'll have my new flywheel at 4:30 today.