Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 138478 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #240
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;233030
dude, learn how to use that  camera....  USE THE MACRO setting for close shots....

and King, you wont regret it.. man I should have done this sooner......  now get 500kms on the new clutch before morning and take her to the track....

I did
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #241
and I have a 5.0 crank sitting in my shed at home.....
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #242
I'll get back to you if I need a crank.  Is the tranny shipped?

Reply #243
What kind of ATF would you guys recommend?

Reply #244
MerconIV is what I am running..

Reply #245
I know to use that, but I mean Mobil Synthetic, basic brand stuff, Castrol, etc etc.

Reply #246
well what kind of question is that?!?!  it is your own personal choice when it comes to something like that.

if money isnt an object (which it isnt if we are telling YOU what to put in it) I would imagine 99% of people would say synthetic.  I am running the regular stuff right now because cash is tight right now.

Reply #247
Yeah my dad already has plenty of regular stuff, but I've heard good things about synthetic.  Would it be hard to change down the road?

Reply #248
goes out tomorrow morning bright and early
sorry for the delay bro..
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #249
No prob man, stuff happens.  3 day shipping would definitely get it here well in time.  Even basic shipping *should* be ok but it'd be close.  Might wanna ask the people there about shipping options and how long it generally takes.

Reply #250
Don't you just hate being on a schedule for this stuff?I have to work the same way.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #251
Not really a strict schedule, but I have everything ready and/or arriving well on time.  And I've already taken off of work for this next weekend too.  Anyways...where are pics and vids of Phoenix?

Reply #252
Transmission AND pedals scheduled to be here on Wednesday.  All I need now is to grab a pilot bearing and figure out what to do as far as the flywheel, then I think I'm all set.  Stay tuned...I am one DETERMINED person right now.

Reply #253
I got my new flywheel from Autozone.I got my friend's discount,plus my "reward" discount,so,$80.00 minus 20%,then from that total,take off another $20.00.Not too bad.Warranty as well.As far as pics go,I'll take a few and show everyone what's up with the Sport.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #254
Oh yeah, check out what I got today!

HUGE thanks to daboss for the T5!!!  Gonna grab my pilot bearing tomorrow and a set of new pedal pads.  Once the steel bearing retainer comes in tomorrow or Friday, everything will be ready to go.