Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 138482 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #225
Thanks a ton man!  I really appreciate everything.  It won't be forgotten!  Sorry to hear you're having troubles with the toploader though.

@vinnie:  Oh yeah, you got that right.  I couldn't be any more excited right now.  If someone told me 3 weeks ago that I'd be putting a 5 speed in by now, I'd laugh at them.  Gotta love the fruits of hard labor.

Reply #226
yea toploader is a no go till i get parts, so no driving the car this summer.....
ill text u after its shipped tomorrow!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #227
With the 5 speed,I swear the Sport got louder.Nice,but louder.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #228
Haha that'd be awesome.  I'm hoping to grab an O/R H pipe this week to put in during the swap.

Reply #229
ah things are looking better
your money might be helping me get behind the drivers seat of a new car!!
when my dad gets back from signing the books for his job, im swaping shifter handles, and crating it up!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #230
Quote from: daboss351;232991
ah things are looking better
when my dad gets back from signing the books for his job, im swaping shifter handles, and crating it up!

Good deal!  :burnout:

Got any pics of the tranny?

Reply #231
as you wish
I gave you the bolts to bolt the trans to the bellhousing (18mm) and the bolts for the shizniter handle(allen head) and the bolt for the speedo gear retainer.

my $300 beater ;)

Reply #232
note in the last pic u can see i cleaned it up some
and I tried to drain all the fluid, cant guarente I did though
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #233
Quote from: daboss351;232991

why would you want to sit in the back seat?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #234
Thanks a ton man, that tranny looks nice and cleeeaaan!

Reply #235
Just got off the phone with the machine shop that's doing the work on my 302 block.  It's in the tank right now getting cleaned up, at which point he's gonna mic it and see if it'll need any boring or not.  The crank hasn't fared too well; it's definitely gonna need to be turned, and there's a possibility that we'll need to find a new crank.  I'm really glad I'm getting this T5 swap done ASAP so I can get the AOD sold and get money saved up for getting the engine finished.

Reply #236
Quote from: daboss351;233009
note in the last pic u can see i cleaned it up some
and I tried to drain all the fluid, cant guarente I did though

dude, learn how to use that  camera....  USE THE MACRO setting for close shots....

and King, you wont regret it.. man I should have done this sooner......  now get 500kms on the new clutch before morning and take her to the track....

Reply #237
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;233030
and King, you wont regret it.. man I should have done this sooner......  now get 500kms on the new clutch before morning and take her to the track....

Oh I know...all the stuff I've been doing to the car has been stuff that dad and I have talked about doing since he first bought the car 6-7 years ago (before it fell into my hands).  I remember when he first got it, he kept saying "This thing needs the HO, 5 speed, and some better gears than these  2.73 desert gears."  Look at where she is now ;) .  I'm really excited to get the new engine together and hooked up to the T5....that's gonna be soooooo awesome.

Reply #238
Quote from: vinnietbird;232950
With the 5 speed,I swear the Sport got louder.Nice,but louder.

Vinnie you are right, I noticed a tone change in mine now too...  not liking the way mine sounds now, so I am going to have to get some different lers..:hick:

the OR h pipe really makes a tone difference too....:D

Reply #239
Yea,I have an OR X-Pipe,and 40 series Flowmasters.Really nice sound.Loud enough to let people know something is there,and not loud enough to give me a bad headache after 400 miles of driving.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..