Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 138484 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #210
Yeah if you could get it out by friday, that'd be great.  The swap is planned for 8/30.  Thanks a ton man!  Did you find out what the bearing retainer is?

Reply #211
i tried to text but it didnt send
its aluminum.
I will push to do so, got to get my dad to cash the M/O to get money for the cooler and shiping!
and find a shipping place OTHER then DHL
I refuse to use them, heard to many bad things and I dont want your trans to get ruined!!
Pics of it will come on later, right now I got a toploader to install, and a 9inch to rip apart for new gears
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #212
Sounds good man, keep me posted

Reply #213
I would insure the tranny for $600.00 or more as a just in case.On another note,I didn't know you couldn't use a stock lever with the Ripper shifter (I just got one last night).I'll figure something out for that.Compared to everything else I've done,that's a walk in the park.Keep us posted on the 5 speed progress.I want it done by Sunday evening with no excuses.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #214
Quote from: vinnietbird;232720
I would insure the tranny for $600.00 or more as a just in case.On another note,I didn't know you couldn't use a stock lever with the Ripper shifter (I just got one last night).I'll figure something out for that.Compared to everything else I've done,that's a walk in the park.Keep us posted on the 5 speed progress.I want it done by Sunday evening with no excuses.LOL.

just do like I did, just find a couple of nuts that are big enough to fit snugly in th eshifter handle, but also have a hole that the bolts pass through with no problem, then weldn them in and grind it smooth. I can grab some pics of mine if you like....:D

Reply #215
Yeah I took both the 30th and the 31st off of work.  I'd love to have it done Saturday, then spend Sunday getting acquainted with driving it.

Reply #216
put the pedals in before saturday

save you some headache.

that i think is the hardest part... get it out of the way and be good

Reply #217
That's what I did,installed the pedal assembly two weeks before the tranny install to save time on the big day.I'm glad I did.It really wasn't as bad as i thought,but,not any fun either.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #218
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;232763

that i think is the hardest part... get it out of the way and be good

your right it is...  and I am doing this same swap in the morning... :flip:  I Fuct up on the shift kit I put in, :toilet: :punchballs: so I am swapping to a t5 tomorrow morning....  should be good to go by supper...:flip: :rollin:

the pedals are easy with air tools....  :shakeass:
anyone interested in my B&M shifter and console piece?  PM me...

Reply #219
Well I definitely don't want my car to be MIA for long; it is my DD after all.  Thats why I took a whole weekend off, was so we'd have plenty of time for everything.  We have plenty of air tools too ;) .

Reply #220
Make sure you have all of the nuts and bolts you need beforehand. Running around looking for those really killed me on time.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #221
Oh definitely.  Today I picked up the shorter bolts needed for the top of the bellhousing :) .

Reply #222
trans is going out tomorrow
got a plastic crate for it, gonna put a zip tie in the lock so u can tell if anyones tampered with it. Got to pull the ripper handle out and throw it in there, and find some way to pad it.

The stock tbird handle has a big metal and rubber damper on it, and it has big holes in it. If you had spacers for the holes it would be a bolt on deal, just take off the damper. But I dont want to have my buddy here have to mess with that, so to save headaches ill just give him the ripper handle.
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #223
Now we're getting close to 5 speed reality.

Reply #224
now if only I could get my 4 speed to be a reality instead of a nightmare id be all set.
ah all because i wanted more strength... headaches...
my $300 beater ;)