Skip to main content
Topic: Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11) (Read 136454 times) previous topic - next topic

Mid/low 13sec 5.0 project (new video and pics 7/11)

Reply #285
Quote from: vinnietbird;234306
I like it just to keep "whatever" out.

x2 I would pick one up, My cougar was missing that cover I just bought one for $20 shipped off someone on the corral, just for piece of mind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #286
Yeah I'll probably grab one soon.

Reply #287
ahhh im kicking myself for selling that  thing now.....
that trans, with the ripper, and centerforce clutch in my 66 would be kick ass in my lincoln... that was the original plan for it hahaha
O well I think im just gonna build a B/A AOD
Im jelous, im gonna have to take a road trip to NC so you can take me for a spin
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #288
Alright, quick update during lunch break.  So far, today has been the polar opposite of yesterday.  We got started at a decent time and everything has gone rather smooth for the most part.  The transmission is securely in the car, with some really nice Mobil 1 synthetic ATF.  All that's left is the driveshaft, pedals, starter, and exhaust.  As long as everything keeps going as it has so far (keep your fingers crossed), we're en route for completion this evening.  Quick pic to keep the hounds at bay:

@Mason:  If the tranny shifts half as good in the car as it did out of the car, it's gonna be a PLEASURE to drive.  And I'll definitely take ya for a spin.

Reply #289
i assure you it will, if it was stronger it would have staying in the stang, but since I want to drag race it alot i was afraid to blow it up.
that car slid into gear like nothing as long as you didnt push it hard(try to speed shift and it gets ANGRY)
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #290
Car is buttoned up, clutch is adjusted good enough for now, and she's ready for a test drive after dinner.  STAY TUNED for impressions and pics tonight!

Reply #291
Oh c'mon !!! Supper can wait.You can eat any time.Input....We need input !!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #292
Well, just got back from driving all around town.  It drives BEAUTIFULLY.  Car is just way more responsive.  I just need to learn how to drive it!  :hick:  It was late when we got everything buttoned up so pics of it will have to wait till tomorrow, but here's a quick pic I took earlier:

I couldn't be happier.  All we need to do tomorrow is fine tune the clutch, tighten the H pipe, and add some insulation under the console.  Then the car will be getting a good ol' fashioned SCRUB!

EDIT:  I also noticed that the infamous "clunk" is gone when I let off the gas or get on it abruptly...I'm wondering if it was the AOD and not the driveshaft like we thought...

Reply #293
Well here here! congrats man!
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #294
congrats...  now your car will be slower til you learn how to drive it. :hick:  LOL.. Im loving my T5 too...  I got a set of ET Streets, and an adjustable cable and quadrant this weekend, and I will be putting an AFPR on this week too.

Lets see some new times now. :evilgrin:

Reply #295
I used black trim paint on the shifter boot,It worked good.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #296
I used black leather dye on my shifter boot......that is until I swapped with a brand new one I got off Ebay.It came from the UK.VERY nice,and really affordable.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #297
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;234411
congrats...  now your car will be slower til you learn how to drive it. :hick:  LOL.. Im loving my T5 too...  I got a set of ET Streets, and an adjustable cable and quadrant this weekend, and I will be putting an AFPR on this week too.

Lets see some new times now. :evilgrin:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I just took a step back to low 16 sec 1/4 times for the time being :rollin: .  But it's a very fun 16 seconds!

Anyways, thanks for the compliments.  As I said, there are a few odds and ends left.  I'm just enjoyin it.

edit:  PIC TIME!!

Reply #298
Wow. Thats just unreal lookin at those two extras. :D  Looks SICK. Cant wait for the next round of vids!!!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #299
It's all driver now,Aod was a handicap maker.
Have fun!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +