Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160444 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1275
Oh yeah.... shift linkage might look a little rusty too.... hah!  Sorry I'm not nitpicking!

Reply #1276
Quote from: Ifixyawata;271907
Now THAT would've been a helluva better spring compressor to use than the inside-type that I got from AZ.  How much did that thing cost?

Those arent worth a  on our cars. If I ever do springs again I am getting one like Kitz's. Ended up compressing mine, chaining it then shoving it in the car. Bad plan, but it worked.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1277
Quote from: Ifixyawata;271943
So Kitz.... how much did that big  cost you?

I don't remember, but seen some on ebay for $40, they look the same.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MCPHERSON-STRUT-COIL-SPRING-CLAM-COMPRESSOR-MACPHERSON_W0QQitemZ190306395951QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Automotive_Tools?hash=item2c4f25272f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1278
The only problem with this compressor is that you can only compress the spring enough to get it seated in the arm and get a little pressure under it to hold it in.
If you compress it to much, you can't get the thing off the spring because it won't slip back through the coils. and you can't use it with the strut still connected either. There's not enough room for both because of it's size.

So it did help me to the point of getting the spring seated, and keep it from popping back out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1279
I thought about modding it a little, but I don't use it much.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1280
Quote from: daminc;271905
They're pretty cooked . :flame:

So they're not worth it :hick: What about the grill how's that?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1281
Quote from: thunderjet302;272017
So they're not worth it :hick: What about the grill how's that?

The entire  header panel is gone as of last week.
What else you need?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1282
Nuts :hick: I don't need anything I just like having spare parts just incase. Could I have the engine block? ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1283
haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1284
Quote from: daminc;272106
haha

What are you going to use it or something? ;)

Reply #1285
Jerry, Where did you get the coil spring dampners?? I.E. The red rubber pieces at the top and bottom of coils.

Reply #1286
I got the spring isolators at summit, I think
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1287
Quote from: Ifixyawata;271956
Oh yeah.... shift linkage might look a little rusty too.... hah!  Sorry I'm not nitpicking!

Shift linkage, not staying..... :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1288
stick or floor shifter, judging by the parts car and how you said you might keep the aod from the 3.8, I would assume floor shifter.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1289
Yep, I got a full length console and a complete stock floor shifter and bracket.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook