Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160461 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1305
Ok, I think I found all the parts to the car. LOL

I will now display them for all to see. LOL

I'm still up in the air about what front bumper to put on.
One of these, or the TC Bumper.

more parts used from the parts bird

Looks like I need to drill some holes in my new frame.

A couple more pics of the car.
It's weird seeing fenders and things on it again. LOL
I just stood there for about 15 minutes and stared at it today.
that cardboard box that's always leaning against the car has all my window moulding and door stuff

I guess i have some cleaning to do.

anyone need a computer from a 87 3.8? brand new, only about 200 miles of use on it back in 2003
I also have the NAPA code reference card for it.

Looks like I'll be bolting things and cleaning things tomorrow. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1306
I'd stick the Cougar front that originally came on the car back on it but that's just me ;)

It's nice to see it back in more or less 1 piece :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1307
I can relate to losing parts, it took me a while to find all my window trim. I hid it away so it wouldn't get stepped on or get overspray on it, but forgot where I hid it :hick: I never did find the door insulation...

As for bumper covers, I'd go with the TC one for the fog light cutouts. I'm saying that without having to actually do it myself, though, since the grille would have to be modified
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1308
Hey there was a pic of a blue front end, kinda looked familiar!!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1309
That front license tag on the one is a keeper.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1310
Yea, I got a lot of good blue parts. (thanks)
 I also have a red TC bumper with a red stripe moulding
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1311
Quote from: daminc;272572
Yea, I got a lot of good blue parts.
 I also have a red TC bumper with a red stripe moulding

-hmmmmmm
reminds me of a Johnny Cash song...??!!!:hick:
-'87 turbo coupe with only 740 ORIGINAL miles.... :dunce:
-'86 turbo coupe, 5sp. Cali Car.......:cool:

Reply #1312
today I started bolting things together for a test run.

I used the TC bumper to see what  it would look like.

Then I put the original front end back on .

I'm not sure which one to use. :hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1313
I like the TC bumper cover,but on a T-Bird.On a Cougar,I never thought they looked wuite right.I have wondered,if,one could cut the foglight openings from the TC bumper and graft them into the Cougar bumper cover.It would be one of a kind,and I think it would look great.They have adhesives made for that kind of work.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1314
Jerry, Your original 1 looks alot better friend. ;)

Reply #1315
Cougar bumper FTW!

Reply #1316
turbocoupe + cat grille.

shag.

Reply #1317
TC bumper cover, with Cougar header panel and grille.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1318
What did you do to make the grille fit? I just think it looks odd with the TC bumper bc its so pointy.

Reply #1319
Quote from: 86XR7project;272707
What did you do to make the grille fit? I just think it looks odd with the TC bumper bc its so pointy.

Very true.The T-Bird bumper cover is pointy,but it was made to match the angles of the TC header panel as well.Again,graft in the TC fog light openings and mount some lights.....sweeeeeeeeeeet !!!!
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..