Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160479 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1335
it looks so  nice under there!!

Reply #1336
are you leaving the inside red??

Reply #1337
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;272880
are you leaving the inside red??

Oh yea, It's impossible to find an interior in the same perfect condition as mine. There's a small cig burn in the back seat. (long story), but it's another one of those reasons that I kept the car.

For those that never saw or don't remember......
Pics of my interior that needs a little cleaning.

Even the trunk looks new. (also needs cleaning)

If everything goes well, the interior should be back in by the end of June. With the upgrades of course..:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1338
:jerry:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #1339
the only things that my interior needs are a dash cover and the drivers hanle scoop... been searching forever.....
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1340
I'm glad you're going witht eh Cougar front. I think it looks best on the car :D

I know you're putting in the full length console but are you putting in a floor shifter as well?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1341
Yes, I have to put in the shifter because I guess there's a header clearance problem with the column shift linkage. And why not. It's just plain cool. LOL
I got the entire shot, all stock. Not sure where it is though.

Today I started cleaning up little Odds-N-Ends type of things.
I drilled the seat bolts and put larger bolts and washers in, and through Chucks seat brackets.
I just need to enlarge the hole on the seat bracket. It just seemed like that little thin bolt was a weak link in the whole situation.

And inside. I got the nut on to keep from losing it.

This week there will be a lot of small things that will get finished to get ready for the body work. It's better to do them now, then after the car is painted.

I'll also be ordering the mat for the inside this week.
I was looking at this.
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/products/vibration-mat-damplifier-lite.php
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1342
Started grinding down the last minute welds and rust that I come across. All ready for filling.

Found some rust in the drip rail

Cleaned it up and treated it.

So now I'm thinking.........Hey, I have talents. Why can't I make my own sound deadener and radiant barrier. LOL

I use these products all the time building houses, why not in a car...

here's some stuff I always have on hand.
I got rolls of this stuff.

And I use this stuff all the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1343
Man,I have got to say,I am impressed.It never ceases to amaze me.Good work my friend.I still have a ways to go.You may end up getting finished before me.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1344
I got a long way too.
On another update, I got my paint yesterday. they messed up the order and gave me 3 gallons of black paint. instead of 2 paint and 1 primer. I'm going to keep it because of the price difference and get another gal. of epoxy primer. They did send the hardener for the primer though, so I'm ahead of the game and now have a load of paint for my car. Mabe the vert will get a free black paint job. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1345
Quote from: daminc;273184
Mabe the vert will get a free black paint job. :D

Or Mine..you know i plan on making mine black/orange :D

Reply #1346
You know with all the extra metal plus that sound deadening/heat shield your car is going to be heavy ;) Might want to stick a stroked and poked 351W in just incase :evilgrin:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1347
I don't think it's going to be as heavy as everyone thinks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1348
boats and hoes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1349
Quote from: daminc;273398
I don't think it's going to be as heavy as everyone thinks.

That's ok who doesn't want a 408W? Come on it'll be fast ;)