Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160480 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1320
Quote from: 86XR7project;272707
What did you do to make the grille fit? I just think it looks odd with the TC bumper bc its so pointy.

I sectioned the cover on each side of the grille, so the grille could fit down in there.:burnout:
(now back to your original program, already in progress)
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1321
Man, the more I look at those pics the more I think I'll use the original Cougar front bumper. the TC just looks to pointy. For 2 years I had planned on using the TC bumper. But after Putting it on the car, it seems to long in front, and I'm not really liking it.
Now I wonder if I shouldn't use the TC hood, and put my old one back on..... !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1322
Quote from: daminc;272732
Now I wonder if I shouldn't use the TC hood, and put my old one back on..... !

Obviously, it's up to you, but.... I like the TC hood. I think the scoops kind of "class" it up a little. After seeing TC hoods on cars, the original flat hoods seem a little boring. Just my $.02 worth.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #1323
find another cougar bumper and mix and match. Cut out the fog light area and graft it on the cougar, then you get best of both worlds. and yeah i would say keep the TC hood, unless you really don't wanna use it.. then i'll gladly take it off your hands ;)

Reply #1324
The hood....YES.The bumper cover....NO.The integrated TC fog lights would be cool (My 3rd hint...LOL).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1325
LOL... ok guys, I got the hint....LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1326
Vinnie how about we do it one more time..

Jerry, you know what WOULD be cool? intergrated TC foglights :P

Reply #1327
Quote from: baxo;272741
find another cougar bumper and mix and match. Cut out the fog light area and graft it on the cougar, then you get best of both worlds. and yeah i would say keep the TC hood, unless you really don't wanna use it.. then i'll gladly take it off your hands ;)

I gotta spare TC hood laying around if he doesnt sell his to ya.:mullet:

Reply #1328
!wow!

Definitly stick with the TC hood.... either bumber looks pretty good IMHO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #1329
my face is on the floor
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #1330
Quote from: BEARMAX;272830
my face is on the floor

Was it the wing sauce?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1331
Keep the TC hood ;)
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #1332
Looking at V8Demon's car, I'll keep the TC hood and use my front.
Mabe the fog lights will be a rainy day project.
I decided to start cleaning up the inside a little.
here's where I ended up last winter.

and for those new guys that didn't see the torque box plates from the inside.

I got it cleaned up real good and decided to paint the whole inside.

while that was drying I put the back bumper on the car.

Then while I was resting, I put a set of shocks on the back of the car.
Here's pics of the rear end of the car in case your new to the group and didn't want to read through 1331 posts.

That's all for today, we'll see what happens tomorrow
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1333
Quote from: baxo;272767
Vinnie how about we do it one more time..

Jerry, you know what WOULD be cool? intergrated TC foglights :P

Hey,you know,if you integrated the fog light holes from the TC bumper cover,that would really rawk !!!! I mean,I don't want to be pushy or anything.BUT,it IS a great idea.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1334
Quote from: vinnietbird;272842
Hey,you know,if you integrated the fog light holes from the TC bumper cover,that would really rawk !!!! I mean,I don't want to be pushy or anything.BUT,it IS a great idea.

Yea, I'm gonna do it. I just need another Cougar cover to do it with.
I'll put her together with mine. I got 2 gallons of paint coming tomorrow, so repainting another one down the road won't be a problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook