Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160492 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1365
Jerry, things are really moving along huh???? its a good thing the dash wasnt out....my dash was half taken out by some shmuck, who was supposed to do the heater core(before i found this site), and now i cant listen to the radio, cause every time i go over a bump, the dash bounces, and causes a really annoying crackel/short in the speakers,...... all i have are some metal mounts, and a glove box full of screws..:punchballs: i cant figure out where they go,.... and im itching to listen to my complete pioneer sound system....(4 6 1/2 dual cone speakers... and two 10 inch subs with a 1000 watt amp... yeah it should roar..but the whole dash yhing is a HUGE headache.........ugh... it depresses me......

But anywy .......LOOKS GREAT!!!!!!
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1366

Reply #1367
yeah thats what i say evry day..... its depressing
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1368
Looking good:D

Pretty soon you can sit in it and pretend to drive ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1369
Quote from: dominator;274328
Nice man,gettin it done.
Either picklex or por-15 will work.
Jerry uses pickelx i use por-15,they both work very well.
I have personal experience with por and it works very very well,at least it has on my sc over the winter(no rust).
I also put some on a buddy at works 89 z24 that is all rotted out and the rust never came through even with all the salt up here and that thing is rotten,probably worse than jerry's ride although.......lol.
Good to hear about the POR-15.  I'm trying it out for the first time on my Cougar.  Seems to be quite the product so far :)  DEFINITELY glossy!!!  Hope I can top coat it as shiny!
'87 Cougar LS V6 (stock) Daily Driver
'06 Lincoln LS V8

'12 F-150 SCrew FX4 5.0L
'80 Thunderbird V8 (mild 304) [sold to friend]

Reply #1370
more progress today
uncovered my seats today

then proceeded to do the nasty

then after the console was removed, I repaired the missing area

this stuff is great for everything

now to see how everything is going together
Looks like I'll be spraying the center console to match the interior color

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1371
wow, that stuff definitely is good for everything after this you should become a spokesperson for it!

Reply #1372
So are you putting the digi gauges in from the T-bird?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #1373
Quote from: thunderjet302;274587
So are you putting the digi gauges in from the T-bird?

I already have them
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1374
Started filling and scuffing for paint....Maybe this weekend, we'll have to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1375
very nice
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

Reply #1376
yay!  scotch-brite!

Reply #1377
You know what's funny, after all the work I did on this car, no one will ever see what I did, because it's all covered up with something. This thread is the only proof that shows it was done, and how it was done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1378
Great job!! I admire your determination!!

Reply #1379
Quote from: daminc;274850
You know what's funny, after all the work I did on this car, no one will ever see what I did, because it's all covered up with something. This thread is the only proof that shows it was done, and how it was done.

Well then this thread needs it's own server with eleventy-billion levels of security and quadruple redundancy across the board. And that includes four mouses keyboards and screens for the terminal, just to be an a-hole. :hick:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane