Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160501 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1380
After everything you did and are doing, I'd be afraid to take it out of the garage when it's done. I don't want to curse you to say why.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1381
Quote from: Kitz Kat;274899
After everything you did and are doing, I'd be afraid to take it out of the garage when it's done. I don't want to curse you to say why.

I couldn't even imagine what evil is lurking in your mind about my car

anyhow............
I did some more scuffing and priming. Just about ready to paint. I'll see what the weather is like tomorrow and if I have time.

All ready to go, just have to finish a couple last minute details and finish masking and covering the rest

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1382
Hey jerry,why not just take the master off????
It's only two bolts and is super easy without the lines on there.

Reply #1383
LOL
You know, I thought about that last night after I looked at the pics.
I also have to remove the shift linkage and a couple other things first, so I probably will.
That's why I take so many pics. It's easy to get overwhelmed by a project this size. It's easier to stand back and take a look at what others see with the pics I take.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1384
LOL true enough,sometimes we car guys do things the hard way!

Reply #1385
looking good jerry!!!!!!! So hows the motor coming????????
[/IMG]
Just enjoyin the ride!!!!

Reply #1386
Quote from: massCougarxr7;275103
looking good jerry!!!!!!! So hows the motor coming????????

Oh , I knew I forgot something....:hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1387
I am SO proud of you dear.Lovely,just lovely.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1388
Quote from: vinnietbird;275129
I am SO proud of you dear.Lovely,just lovely.

Oh Vincent, you say the sweetest things.
:hick:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1389
Todays progress....
Yep you guessed it. Paint!!!
Here we are after the 2nd coat
It's still a little hazy in there

after the 3rd coat

Done

I guess it's time for the rest of the body work now. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1390
That is gonna look real good Jerry when it's all finished friend. :poke:

Reply #1391
Shiny!!!
Is that base clear jerry or just enamel.
I guess she's going black.

Reply #1392
Single stage acrylic urethane.
No need for bb/cc with a solid color. ;)

oh yea, it's going to be very black and bad ass looking
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1393
looks super!!!!! that car has come a lonnnnnnnng way.have you chosen a color for the car yet?.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #1394
Yep, that was it. :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook