Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160460 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #1245
Quote from: Haystack;271374
Don't you hate it when you get done putting the car together, and you have a bucket of bolts left? I could only imagine how big your bucket is;).

Good work on the car. I would really like to see what it looks like with paint.

LOL..
Actually, I'm short bolts, because I just cut most of them right off.

I'm kinda interested to see what it looks like all one color. It's been a while.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1246
UPDATE

Today I finished painting the hard to reach areas, welded the SFCs where the front inside pieces come together, and seam sealed where any moisture will get in.
The bolts will be in on Monday, so everything is set to go back together.

Body work and some random fixing here and there are next on the list. While that's going on, I'm going to start stripping the parts bird an pull the motor. If anyone needs anything off the car, and I'm not going to use it, let me know as I'm taking the parts off. I'll be removing everything that is usable no mater what it is, and cutting the rest of the car up and hauling it to the s yard. I'll post it for everyone while I'm doing it.

Sorry, no pics today. There wasn't anything to really take a pic of
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1247
what color is the car? I have been playing around with the idea of getting rid of the ATC in my car.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1248
Quote from: Haystack;271609
what color is the car? I have been playing around with the idea of getting rid of the ATC in my car.

The parts car?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1249
yes.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #1250
He had to mean the parts car, we all Know the other one is stainless steel.lol
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #1251
here's the parts car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1252
Got my bolts. Time to start putting it back together.

I used the wires to align the pieces. worked great

And for those of you wondering how I was going to do this myself.

And thanks to kitz, I could actually get the springs seated using his compressor

And the other side

and another project finished.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1253
Looking good Jerry and thanks for the pics friend. ;)

Reply #1254
Looks like your gettin her done jerry,nice work man.
Just noticed something,your parts car has auto lamps yes??
Do you know if it works???
The blue light sensor(in the center of the dash under a cover)went bad a few years back and hasn't worked since.
Any chance you'd let that one go to me for cheap???

Reply #1255
Sorry Chris, I'm swapping all that into my car, along with the lighted door locks and cornering lamps
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1256
Hmmm...if the parts car has non-metallic paint, that's Smoke (1K), a pretty uncommon exterior color for 1987-88. I've always thought it looked like a really dirty white, but it's cool, I dig it man.

Nothing else to report. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :)

Reply #1257
It's a metallic 2 stage repaint. Looks like it could have been in certain places and jambs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #1258
That compressor would have shaved atleast a day and a half off doing my front end stuff. Both the ones I used were too close to the spring and bolts were too long.

So now major repairs are done? Getting real close.
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #1259
the compressor was great. Took mabe 20 min per side, for the spring and strut.
The rest of the front end will be tomorrow.
Then the body work can be started. My paint and primer is on it's way as of today.
and the bird will be in the garage to be stripped in about a week. My father-in-law will be doing the rebuild work on the motor from the bird, while the body work gets done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook