Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160445 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #285
Quote from: CougarSE;222945
Your Monte Carlo has a 100000 mile warranty against rust.

Thanks, I guess it has a 6 year/ 100,000 mile corrosion warranty.
Were going to look into it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #286
Today's events...
I cut open the floor to check the frame.
not bad for 21 years in Buffalo

while I was waiting for the work I had done to the floor to dry,
I coated and punched all the panels for welding

Here is the first piece. you can see I ground down, then coated inside the frame and the hidden part of the lap seam.

more pieces

my handy work up close

back seat time

I'll finish welding the rest of the floor pieces and move on to the upper part of the rear floor/wheel well area.
the floor should be done after another day of work.
then on to the rocker.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #287
AWESOME WORK. It just keeps getting better and better very time you post. Great job:D :D :D

Reply #288
Hey dude all I would like to say is way to go: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: :jerry: very :cool:

Reply #289
Ummmm,I think he could build an entire car if he wanted to.

you do some awesome work !!!!!!!!!!!!................I love this thread.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #290
I'm thinkin' if you give him 3500 lbs of steel wool he could build a new cat in less than a year. :D

Reply #291
hahahah
well Im finally getting the welder, and im gonna try and get some patch panels off a mark i found at a local yard!!
gonna try and be like you hahaha
looks great man!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #292
Quote from: daminc;222929

daminc, two questions... what guage of metal is that and how did you actually bend it so beautifully to the contours in the floor?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #293
Quote from: cougarXLS;223631
daminc, two questions... what guage of metal is that and how did you actually bend it so beautifully to the contours in the floor?

0000 steel wool and my wife's knitting needles --lol--J/K

Ok, for real.
I use 20 ga. and my brake. It's not made for steel so I have to use clamps to hold the locking bar down. It's a 10' aluminum brake, but I can get away with bending approx. 5-6 feet of 20 ga. without blowing apart the gate.
For smaller stuff, I have a bead roller, with all the diff. rollers
When I did the center one that didn't go all the way through, I let it hang out of the end of the brake, when I bent it.
I've had a lot of practice bending. been doing it since I was 18, and now I'm 40 something. LOL
People have said, I can bend up a pretzel out of metal. LOL

Chooglin, I'm not sure about a whole car, this is more then enough for me. LOL

daboss351, Thats great, you can get some good practice with your car. LOL
If you got any ?s, just give a shout, I'll help any way I can

*MAYHEM* --LOL --Who writes your material, He's good
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #294
I did a little playing around today. I've got no ambition, and it's Fathers Day. Yes, it's just like my birthday, I GET PRESENTS today. LOL
I cleaned up around the wheelwell. there was some rust in the seam, so I treated it and decided to reinforce it, just in case it keeps rusting.
I took my sawsall to the floor and opened up the frame, so I could coat it also.

And I put a coat on the front.

Thats all for today
HAPPY FATHERS DAY
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #295
Quote from: cougarXLS;223631

Quote from: daminc;223652
I use 20 ga. and my brake. It's not made for steel so I have to use clamps to hold the locking bar down. It's a 10' aluminum brake, but I can get away with bending approx. 5-6 feet of 20 ga. without blowing apart the gate.
For smaller stuff, I have a bead roller, with all the diff. rollers
When I did the center one that didn't go all the way through, I let it hang out of the end of the brake, when I bent it.

Thanks.... this is why I love this site... I learn something new everyday.  :bowdown:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #296
A little more work on the pass. side floor

Here's a few pics of what's to come next

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #297
Ya know, Jerry, some people would look at that and think yer crazy, lol.
1987 TC

Reply #298
!! thats alot of rot!
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #299
Quote from: HAVI;225052
Ya know, Jerry, some people would look at that and think yer crazy, lol.

I don't feel crazy. :hick:

Cougar8775
   !! thats alot of rot!

It's actually easier to repair if it's gone.
That pesky rust doesn't get in the way

But you can't see the ground anymore, can you. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook