Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160453 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #255
At the risk of sounding [FONT='Times New Roman']repetitious.... [/FONT] WOW!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Operation: X Marks the Spot
5.0L SEFI, AOD, 8.8" 3.02 TracLok - All Stock

Reply #256
So, obviously I had to put the seat in to turn the car around. I just couldn't see out the window without it. and a drywall bucket seemed like I was asking for an accident. LOL

A couple shots of getting it down

Here's my jacking rail test
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="5"]PASSED[/SIZE][/COLOR]

So I have to charge the battery. I also have to rig a little something, because I don't have a battery for the car anymore.
so far I have full power, but no power going to the starter when I turn the key. I'll have to do a little wire checking tomorrow.

I'll let everyone know how the car starting problem goes.
Until tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #257
Oh, by the way.
I weighed the tubing that I'm using for the other side of the car
1 10' 1x1
1 5' 2x2

32 pounds per side it comes to
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #258
Unbelieveable. That's just unreal seeing the whole side of the car solid clean metal. Awesome.:roxor:
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #259
looking good man!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #260
Didn't get it started today.
Only had a couple of minutes to check the wiring.
It's probably the solenoid. I don't have power to the starter.
got power to the coil. got power to the entire car. but still no turn over or even a click. Looks like I'll have some time to look at it tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Starting Problem Update

Reply #261
Ok, I found the starting problem

This needs to be connected in order for the car to start.
It disconnects the neutral/park start switch.

I need to charge the battery again and get a battery cable.
Then we should be seeing some outdoor pics before next weekend.

BTW. I noticed that I could see the connector hanging in the 2nd picture of the beginning of this thread on page 1. LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #262
I got my car started this morning. The battery I was using, didn't have enough kick to start the car. I pulled the battery out of the bird, turned the key, and it started right up, like I just drove it the day before.
Here are some outside pics.
I know all of you are probably thinking that it has never run before, or has never left the garage in 10 years.
so here it is, all proud in the sun.

And then it was time to put my little car away until another time

Time to start side 2.......................
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #263
good work!
and I finally got a welder.
a cheapo fluxcore mig, but it was free
now if I have to, I can do sheetmetal repairs instead of fiberglass!!
If I only had a garage... My little shed is to small for major work, adn is already packed with a 302, lawn mower, parts of my interior, tools, and a partly striped motorcycle haha.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #264
looking good Daminc !!!!

I hope you dont get burned out on this project,I would really like to see this one completed.you have done a tremendous amount of work on that car................thumbs up.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #265
Quote from: Chooglin;221439
looking good Daminc !!!!

I hope you dont get burned out on this project,I would really like to see this one completed.you have done a tremendous amount of work on that car................thumbs up.

Thanks,
I'm trying for CatJam 09.
Not to worry, I've never not finished a project in my life.
This side of the car needs a lot less work, and I'm not rebuilding the door bottoms. I've got another pair in the works, along with some HO motor parts and some interior upgrades. Things are gonna fly after this side gets rebuilt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #266
All this time I completely forgot about the "other" side, lol. I would never be able to keep my focus on one project for as long as you have. My hats off to you man.

Reply #267
Quote from: DerikWayne;221658
All this time I completely forgot about the "other" side, lol. I would never be able to keep my focus on one project for as long as you have. My hats off to you man.

LOL...
Yes, the other side.
And then there's the front end after the motor comes out, and the back end.

So, 1/4 done rebuilding. mabe a little more, the sides are longer then the front and back.
Don't forget the bodywork after all that. LOL

At least my wife knows where I am, If I'm not in the house

And now I have to repair her car after a billion year old lady hit the back of her car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #268
Hey, Jerry at least there isn't any rust to repair on it.

Reply #269
Quote from: mercury-man;221686
Hey, Jerry at least there isn't any rust to repair on it.

give it a year, it is a chevy...:shakeass:

LOL