Skip to main content
Topic: Making some progress- FOR SALE (Read 41388 times) previous topic - next topic

Making some progress- FOR SALE

Reply #120
nice! can't wait to see it done!
1988- 3.8- T-bird- sold 2005 Grand Prix, GTP- COMP.G MODS: Inferno Hood, GXP spoiler, Liquid Metal Wheels,K&N Intake,LED taillights,LED reverse lights, LED interior lights, 180*,605s, Pacesetters :burnout:

Reply #121
Thanks for the compliments.

booksix, the clearance on the inner fenderwell is tight. I'm confident that it will still be ok while driving.

I just got my PMAS back from recal, so it's time to finish up the cold side!

Reply #122
Nice!  I wish I was that far along.  I have NO piping done yet.  I have to make headers, all the cold and hot sides and build my MS wiring harness.  I should start making some progress in about 2 months when I have more free time and some help.

Anyway, keep the updates coming.  I want to see a "firing up" video soon!!
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #123
So, what you mean is, you think those meats will still tuck up behind the fender lip without hitting?
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #124
Another question:

Is your intercooler going to clear the brace that goes from the lower core support up to the header panel (and has part of he hood latch on it)?  I have an AC condenser and a bigger, dual inlet IC and I need to completely refab this brace.  It looks like your IC might fit, but thought I'd ask.

Reply #125
Update: I have the complete hot and cold side installed! I need to adjust a few pieces and final tighten everything. I am surprised how easy the downpipe fit. I guess the tubular k-member has helped. The caster/camber plates are making the inlet pipe a tight fit. The list of things to do before starting the car is still long: battery into trunk, inline pump, boost a pump, install all gauges, etc, etc.

Booksix: I'll get some better pics of the rear tires for you. The intercooler inlet tube is actually hittting the support right now.

Reply #126
I still think I'm the slowest.  Great work, BTW
1987 TC

Reply #127
Nice work!  You're really moving!  I excited FOR you, wish I was moving that fast!

I was actually talking about the thin sheet metal brace that comes up right in the dead center of the back of the header panel, not the pieces the bumper bolts to.  Any issues with this?

Reply #128
Quote from: booksix;199025

I was actually talking about the thin sheet metal brace that comes up right in the dead center of the back of the header panel, not the pieces the bumper bolts to.  Any issues with this?

I didn't think about that. Guess I will figure it out when I get there.

Reply #129
Here are some pics of everything together. Installed the drivers side alt. I will have to shorten some of the intercooler piping that runs to the intake. The elbow into the tb will also need some work due to the c/c plates. Also, the wastegate ended up in a funny spot and will need some extra time.

I am going to get away from the engine bay for awhile and move onto the underside: d/s loop, inline pump and filter and exhaust.

Pics:

Reply #130
wicked car prolly one of the besst engine bays ive ever seen.

Reply #131
awsome! keep the pics coming!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #132
Quote from: midget28;200853
wicked car prolly one of the besst engine bays ive ever seen.

X2 its shagy

Reply #133
Thanks, I just got the battery box and disconnect switch installed. Now I just need to run the cable up front.

Reply #134
You keep gettin it there,I'll pick it up then!!
Lookin good bubba!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +