Skip to main content
Topic: Making some progress- FOR SALE (Read 41416 times) previous topic - next topic

Making some progress- FOR SALE

Reply #105
nice...  whats up with the fitting in the inlet?

Reply #106
if your talkin about the brass fittin on the front of the turbo, that is in the outlet. the fitting is a boost reference generally used for wastegate control.

whats the specs on that snail? :evilgrin:
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #107
Gumby is correct.

It is a T76, s-trim wheel and a .96 A/R. Which is way overkill for now, but I will never have to upgrade.

Jim

Reply #108
Hay Thundr, Could you possibly post some pictures of the wheel clearance on the drivers side (JUST like the bottom two in post #64)??

I ask because I've been looking into the offset of my rear-end.  Widening my rear track brought the wheels closer to the wheel lips (obviously) and made it more appearant to the eyes that my rear-end is about 1/2"+ offset to the drivers side.  Just curious if your's is, too...  wanted to see where your wheel sits in a couple pics...

BTW, everything looks great!
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #109
mmmmmmm...

Reply #110
It's still a Turbo Coupe just with 4 more cylinders :hick:
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #111
Here you go booksix. I think they are fairly even. How off are yours?

Reply #112
More turbo pics. I am having some more fitment issues that need to be worked out before everything gets finalized.

Reply #113
Dang, very even!  I have to check things out.  I'm atleast 1/2" to the drivers side.  Check the pics here (they kinda suck but you'll see):

http://foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=17466

My passenger wheel is perfectly in and the drivers side looks like your drivers side.  I wanted to got to wider wheels as well but with this offset I'd be WAY out on the left...

BTW, great project...  I have a similar one going, but TT
'89 5.0 w/ ported intakes, Mallory Adjustable FPR, BBK shorties and H with 2.5" Flows, 130 amp 3G, 89 Mustang comp/wiring, Aluminum radiator w/ elec fan, T5 trans, King Cobra clutch, 3.55 gears, 13" Cobra brakes (front), Wilwood prop valve, Mustang A-arms, Front Coil-overs, MM CC plates, Silver 17x9 R's, 03 Cobra IRS, Aluminum DS, 2002 Mustang dash/console etc..., custom leather seats

Reply #114
I just read your post and can't offer any other ideas.

I had looked at a twin kit(TDC). No preference one over the other, this one just worked out. I'd like to see some of your progress.

Reply #115
That's ok...  I wasn't really looking for ideas, just wondering.  I was having a hard time believing my rearend was supposed to be that far off!  I'm gonna have to look into bent parts, control arms I guess...?

Anyway, I'm building my kit from scratch.  Incon style (under the headers, dump into H-pipe) with FMIC.  PMAS blow-thru, 255 in tank, 42's (for now) and planning on running MegaSquirt 2 (tuned from my indash computer) and hopefully going REAL flexfuel shortly after.  Long way to go though, I will start a thread when I make some progress!

Reply #116
BTW, when will you have the car together for side shots?  I wanna see the whole picture

Reply #117
Hmm, it would have to be more than one bent control arm.

Our fuel systems are fairlly similar. I was just going to use my 255 intank with a Boost a Pump, but I decided to add an inline also. I'll be running the same meter and injectors, but a PMS for the tuning.

Complete? I thought this car would be done for Carlisle '07. So I have no idea.

Jim

Reply #118
hahaha, yeah, I thought my TT kit would be done by early December.  Looking more like April now.  It always happens though.

As for the rear-end; I tried to measure today but only came up with 1/8" difference and I don't know how to tell if anything is bent (visually looks ok).  I may be upgrading to MM arms soon anyway so maybe I'll wait and check everything over at that point.  Thanks for the input!

Anyway, keep the pics coming, your work is looking amazing. Can't wait to see those wheels on a complete car!

PS:  what is your clearance on the inside of your rear wheels/tires?

Reply #119
Hey Jim,thats starting to look pretty scary.Nice!
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +