Skip to main content
Topic: Making some progress- FOR SALE (Read 41422 times) previous topic - next topic

Making some progress- FOR SALE

Reply #75
Jim ,your doin a fine job I"ll be by this weekend to pick it up ,It runs right.LOL.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #76
Wow, I can't believe it has been almost a month. Not much progress has been made due to a "new" truck purchase and trying to sell the old one. List of progress: installed trans, rear end girdle, driveshaft and x-pipe. Next will be dumps, adj clutch cable/quad and then finally finish wiring in the drivers side fender.

Reply #77
Man, that wheel/tire combo is nice! I tried scanning the rest of the thread with no luck, but what length axles did you use? Stock or Fox Mustang?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #78
Looks good Jim, we will have to hook up sometime and when Both birds are running.

Would love to check yours out in person.
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #79
Wow looks like its gonna be a beast!!! Where did you get those coil overs?
Children of Bodom!!!

Reply #80
Ether, after a few trips to the j/y, I ended up with 94-98 axles. 99+ would work with a 9" wide wheel, depending on the offset of course.

Chris, maybe next year mine will be roadworthy. Whenever you are up this way, feel free to stop in.

Nutwagon, I got the whole front end as a package. They were not made to go over Tokico shocks, I found that out the hard way.

Reply #81
Well, another month goes by with little progress. As I stared at the car, I realized I might be going in the wrong direction with the car. So, I may be selling the complete A-trim setup. Just a heads up to anyone that may be interested. I should have it listed by next weekend.

Reply #82
Nice project.

I've been out of the cicle in the past couple months.

Looking Great, Boy doI rember those days.

How did you get the 315's to fit?  I tried  to get some of them to fit
my cougar????

SCT Tuned by Me(Greg@SpeedyDyno.com)

E.T. 10.28 @ 136.5 MPH 1/4 mile: List of Mods; 351 EFI, AFR heads,AOD,Rousch 13in frt brakes,11in rear brakes, AirRide Tech air ride system, Sub frame connetors,2400 RPM stall, 3.50,BBK shorties,T62PT Turbos  air to air intercooled, Home built kit.
Car weights 3705lbs without driver:burnout:

Reply #83
i would assume a BFH and removing the quad shocks was necessary.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #84
I haven't run quad shocks for along time, but I can be positive they wouldn't fit. The 315's came with alot of trial and error on axle lengths. I will have to look back, but I think 97-98 Mustang.
Jim

Reply #85
 wait for my turbo (75mm garret) pics come spring. will love boost. Then i'll have two turbo cars. Not sure whaat a 306 on boost will run in my bird. Prob better than 14sec 351c n/a!!!!!!!!!!
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Reply #86
Hey Jim the car is coming along very well-keep me posted on the a-trim-maybe I'll have another reason to come out and visit you.

Ken

Reply #87
kendoo130 - email sent

1bdbird - sounds nice...try to keep your block in one piece!

Reply #88
The Vortech is officially for sale. I will try to work on an ad and get it in the classifieds. I'll leave it up here for a few days before it goes to the Corral/Ebay.
I may actually have this car on the road next year!

Reply #89
Why do you always temp me.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +