Skip to main content
Topic: Making some progress- FOR SALE (Read 41420 times) previous topic - next topic

Making some progress- FOR SALE

Reply #60
The wheels look like they fit on the car and its a very nice T-bird overall. Well i g2g 2 work but i hope its gets finished kind of soon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #61
After almost two weeks of no progress due to the injury of my hand, I got back to work today. I got both axles in, converted to Mustang rear brakes/calipers/rotors, bled the system and put the tires on. Also installed ChuckW rear shock mounts and Tokico adjustables. All thats left is to install the girdle. I will post up some pics tommorow. I think it looks killer with 315's underneath.

Tommorow's projects are to install the trans, driveshaft, driveshaft loop and start the trunk mount battery process.

Jim

Reply #62
Bring on the pics !!! Sounds killer.What size wheels are you using?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #63
I am running 10.5" rears.

Reply #64
I am not having much luck getting these pics to come out, but here they are:

Reply #65
Holy steamroller Batman !!  :eek:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #66
looking good!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #67
Those are some BIG tires.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #68
Quote from: thundr306;163193
I must be one of the slowest on this site, but it will get finished someday. Let me know what you think.
Jim

Is that the Steeda bump-steer kit? Which kit is it? Is this a good kit?
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #69
Man those look cool, but I bet you aren't going to be running tailpipes, huh?

Reply #70
WOW !!! I only THOUGHT I had wide rear tires.Awesome.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #71
That is cool.  Why not just tub it out? Trying to retain the factory look?

Reply #72
PADOT called...they need you out on PA-6 to roll the new blacktop.....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #73
Thanks for the compliments. I like the way it looks too. As far as tubbing it, I never really liked the way a tubbed car looks on the street. There are so many that are tubbed and really don't need it.  I'm sure that's enough tire for what I am expecting out of the car.
Cougar5.0, yes that is a Steeda kit. I haven't driven with it yet, so can't help you much there.
Jim

Reply #74
Oh yea, no tailpipes. I am used to running with dumps anyway. maybe if down the road I get a fuel cell, I can get some under there....always good to dream.
Jim