Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16854 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

Reply #75
"custom" 1965 Mustang GT-350H
This is one I took the front subframe from a 69 Mach1 that i messed up, and used the engine and couple other minor pieces on this.
So basically it's a big-block '65 fastback, it looks lowered compared to my other '65 Stang's, but it isn't really. The reason I used the Mach1 stuff was to set the engine lower in the car so it would clear a stock hood. After unboxing this one, I've really got the urge to paint it bright red, and finish it. I kinda built it this way because I know I'll never have a chance to own the real-life version of such a car...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #76
1969 Hurst/Olds 455
This was one of those pre-painted kits, but I couldn't pass it up.
I think it turned out decent, and yeah, the windshield needs glued in again...musta been a GM thing LOL
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #77
coupla more:
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #78
Well,all I have accomplished is getting the rear slightly narrowed on the Daytona I'm working on,and widening the front and rear tires.I wanted to keep red lines on it,but they are really skinny.Now they're not.Wide and wider for the car.I also widened a set of factory Mopar steelies for the tires and I will usethe dog dish hub caps for a really cool down to business look.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #79
Sweet, Vinnie, I can't wait to see that when you get it done.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #80
here it is worked 12 strait hours today to get it done.

Reply #81
more

Reply #82
Kinda makes you wonder if you can find one like that somewhere. Looks great.

Reply #83
last two.
had a lot of fun putting this together. I think I'm gona make a junkyard scene. so more will come soon.

Reply #84
paint was realy eassy used primer over blue. just about klled he dremel:).

Reply #85
Hey,I'll snap a few progress shots for you.Fila,will you post them for me?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #86
Don't worry 4bangen, that'll buff right out.
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #87
lol you think?

Reply #88
nice models guys! Now i just picked up a 87 tc model. Now ive been thinking of doing a fila style on it. But im unsure of what colors the interior should be. I know the exterior is going to be a 2 tone with white and flat black. and im looking for some tips on how to do a blacked out style on the tail lights. or smoked. like the real tc. Now does anyone have tips on ow to do that also how to do water slide decals. Ive always hated them  things. But i will post up pix of the finished  thing next to my 92 cougar lowered and modded.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #89
The taillights are REALLY easy. Flip them over to the backside and use a BLACK Sharpie to color everything but the 3 circles and the square reverse light area. Then paint the actual outside bottom strip stoplight red to match the reflectors. Add a little chrome on the Bird emblems and your done. They turn out REALLY nice doing it like this.

Decals, just follow the directions, use warm water, and be patient. New decals are FARRRR nicer and easier to use then those even from 4-5 years ago.