Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16855 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

Reply #60
1969 Plymouth Road Runner HEMI
I built it from a 68 kit and alot of scratchbuilding (it's REALLY hard to get the real 69 kit). I found some pics of the 69 HEMI RR prototype, so that's what I built. (Grill, hood, and air cleaner from a 68, everything else (engine, exhaust, interior, taillights, wheels) is 69) Paint is of course, Hemi Orange. I oversprayed the chassis, built the coil, wired the distributor, made headrests, and added the T-handle in addition to all the changeover stuff.

Reply #62
Hey 4bangen,I BELIEVE it's March 4.On a Saturday.I'll be bringing my show cars for display only and a couple for competition.Hope to see you there.It's a good contest,nice cars there.I love to compete.They give away really nice plaques,and have door prizes ans rafles.Also,there are a lot of vendors.Again,hope to see you there.Look for an awesome Daytona Charger with the doors oped and the headlights up,and a '68 Corvette with all the bells and whistles.Those are mine.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #63
is there a good model website?

Reply #64
Models look good guys. I have a 70 Tbird (real car) and would like to get a model. If any of you ever see one please let me know.

Reply #65
Go to scale auto forums.I've gone there since it started a few years.Lot's and lots and lots of good people with info,parts,tech,just like here.Kind of.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #66
wow..that 'Runner looks better than some of the real ones did.
My dad had a '68, was a hi-pro 383/4 speed...he tol;d me one time that the only dodge to ever beat him was a Daytona with a hemi.
There's still a couple of old Mickey T's up in the garage rafters here that he had on it. Wish he'd kept it. Someday I'll build a tribute to it.
I've got the kit to make it out of, just waiting to find a same-scale 383 to start on.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #67
could you give me the address to that site I tried to look it up to no avail. thanks and ill try to make it to the show.

Reply #68
http://www.scaleautomag.com/sca/community/forum/default.asp

Become a member and jump right in.There's a lot of cool stuff.I've been building models since I was about 5.Now I'm 39.There's also a Scale Auto magazine.I pick it up at Hasting's every now and then.

Reply #69

Anyone see this?

Reply #70
Red "X"

Reply #71
Yes. That's a plain-jane Revell-Monogram 83-86 stock car reboxed with no decals and sold at a ridiculous price. Just buy one of the normal 83-86 NASCAR models, it's the exact same thing. (As in yes, they both come from the same mold)

Reply #72
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;116508
Yes. That's a plain-jane Revell-Monogram 83-86 stock car reboxed with no decals and sold at a ridiculous price. Just buy one of the normal 83-86 NASCAR models, it's the exact same thing. (As in yes, they both come from the same mold)

nice:pbb:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #73
I'm about to start a new one well actualy an old one. you all will see soon. keep the pictures coming they are great.

Reply #74
'99 Lightning: gonna be built box stock, painted red, black interior. Looking for another to build custom
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)