Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16211 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

Reply #90
cool thanx mike! Now if i do a fila enspired(sp) paint on it would it look good to keep the interior gray? since the colors are gonna be flat black and possibly a perl white unless you know what color white the fila used.
2001 Buick Regal LS (DD):hick:

Got that fox rash again!

-Resident smartass! :ies:

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #91
The FILA's actually came in 4 different colors; (ALL FILA's have Red/Blue striping as well as Dark Charcoal lower paint) Black, Bright Canyon Red, Pastel Charcoal (that's the "White"), Silver Clearcoat Metallic. The interiors were all "Oxford White" which was just an entire Charcoal interior with Off-White front and rear seats. So I'd go with a Pearl White (To match the Pastel Charcoal) with no metallic in it, do a dark grey from the trim down (again, no metallic).

Reply #92
John, not that you havn't seen my car but if you need pics, just let me know

Reply #93
The ten holes can still be bought from Replicas and Mini of Maryland, or at least as of last year they could. He had photo-etched centers with Ford, T-bird, and smooth. I'd post pics of my stuff, but its all packed up and ready to goto the new house.

Reply #94
like i promised some progress pix of the tc.

Engine bay...

And underside...

Now here is the pant i have laying around Im still not sure what i want to paint it. But i have candy apple red, A pearl blue, And a perl black.Im unsure what would go better with the chrome wheeles.

Got that fox rash again!

- Don't listen to the naysayers. For every person who actually helps with your project there will be 10 who will discourage you all the while thinking that they are helping. 99% of all people have good intentions. That doesn't make them right.- XR7 Dave - SCCOA.Com

Reply #95
Go red and black "under body" like mine it

Reply #96
I would go with the blue... but then again I am partial to blue.

Oh, and how old is this project??? (Pics say 99 lol)
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #97
its 3 days old. but my camera batteries had to be rcharged so when i put em back in i never reset the time on it oops lol. but idk how the blue would turn out on it with the black underside

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #98
1986 Ford Thunderbird Pro Street

I started with an old Pro-Stock model for this build. I used the Shotgun Ford Hemi and Lenco, but added the plug wires, Magneto, 18-71 blower and manifold, carbo injector hat, fuel injection nozzles, etc. Chassis bars have been "updated" to meet current NHRA specs (8.49). Street tires added to Weld Dragwheels, windshield wipers, mirrors, etc. Added nitrous system, fire extinguisher, gauges, etc, etc. Body has had custom headlight covers added, Motorsports wing from 87TC kit added, tinted windows, etc. The paint is a custom airbrushed "Fade" (Copper in the middle, to Med Red, to Metalflake Red on the sides). I have over 100 Hours in this project and it's a dedicated model-show car.

Reply #100
Some more. The last pic is with the Pro-Street 89 LSC. I'll detail that one out for you guys later. Maybe 1 a week, I have 12 models, so this is #1.

Reply #101
nice mike. I just got mine in flat black paint. ive gotta do some more minor tweaks to the paint.  fingerprints and runs:flame:  But other than that she is almost done. also ive thought of the color change paint on it but idk yet. its still in the air on that.

Got that fox rash again!

Reply #102
Nice models guys!

I threw this '92 Cougar together over Saturday and Sunday in a total of about 10 hours. It's the first one I've built in a couple years. The stupid rear windows didn't fit at all so I had to use the windowmaker to make up with new ones but they look pretty py. I was going to paint the corners amber but liked the clear look better.

Reply #103
Never much for model cars but I used to build model aircraft quite a bit. Here are some of the WWII aircraft I've built.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #104
Some fighters (a P51 and a P47).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.