Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16217 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

OK, We'll try this again, maybe it will make sticky! So, I'll start with the oldest completed model I have (built it 10 years ago in 1996). 1955 Chevy 210 post gasser. It won 2nd place in the Scale Auto Enthusiast Magazine Sketchpad contest. Based off of an OLD AMT re-issue (the orignal Badman). SBC with a 8-71 roots blower, drop front straight axle, Moon tank, Cragar big-n-littles. Paint is spray-can, Cessna Continental Gold and Krylon Jet Black. It was printed in the Feb 1997 issue of SAE. I actually have 6 other completed models here, plus pics of 3 others that are no longer with me. What do you guys have? I know Sleeper has quite a few projects. Round-robin one at a time with details! :cheers: What did you change? :sawzall: What did you modify? :welder: And remember,
:ttiwwp:

Reply #1
I have over 100 1/24th scale models I have done, but my best is a 1998 Saleen Roadster with a fade paint job from electric blue to charcoal gray front to back. I will post some pics tomorrow.  Also did a 99 cobra with the superstallion paint scheme in charcoal gray, whit and silver.

Reply #2
here are a few pics of the models I have been working on.  its a 1950 F1 custom  mods include 96 4.6 DOHC 5 speed manual tranny and wide tires for the rear.  Has enough power to drag the TC around ;)  (sorry for the poor quality camera phone pics.  color of the truck is actually Candy Apple red)

Reply #3
Gee, does it have to be 1/24 scale kits? I have over 300 H.O. (1/64th scale) slot cars. Everything from A classy stock '59 Impala to my totally custum, tricked out Ford Racing Tractor Trailor rig and everything in between. How bout a fusion of '56 Ford F-150 and a GT-40 MkII? A Daimler-Benz Cabover merged wih a Porche 908? How 'bout a '66 'Stang that Ed "Big Daddy" Roth would drool over?

And the best part? I can put 'em on the track and drive 'em. :D

Reply #4
Lets see them

Reply #6
Quote from: 84 Fila;107990
Lets see them
You asked for it:

Sorry for the rather poor quality. Took them on my phone and it doesn't like to focus that close.

Reply #7
Looks like a nice set. Love the GT-40's. I have a few projects in the works. My pride is my F-150 Lightning w/ 98 Trans Am " sleeper " with a C5R engine in it. I'll get pics up sometime soon

Reply #8
SWEET! I have about 200 HO Scale slot cars, including about 80 TC's. I'll have to get pics of them up!

Reply #9
Well, I have close to 50 1/24th scale models that I have built.  Most of them arent modified since I have started to prefer the GT series and sports cars.  All of them are spray painted, I dont like using the brushes anymore and I can usually get away with only using them on the interior details.

If you go here, I have pictures of most of my models.  Everything from my RC sailboat to a WWII diorama and even my Star Treke models.  The Impala and Ram Charger are the only ones that I have pics of that I modified. 

The pictures of my 1/82nd scale wood model of the USS Constitution is here.  Pictures all the way from the first day I started it to 2 years later when it was done.  Right now I have a Star Spangled Banner (15 stars/15 stripes) in Boston waiting to be flown onboard the real Constitution on the 21st.  October 21st marks the 209th anniversary of the christening of the Constitution, after my flag is flown they will ship it back to me with a certificate, and I will put them on display with my ship.

As for my oldest model, it is no longer with us.  I had a model of an F-4 Phantom that didnt survive one of my families moves.  I was still big into model rocketry at the time and I realized that a C size motor would fit perfectly into the rear of the model inside the engine.  So I took it across the street to a parking lot and launched it horizontally across the pavement.  It skipped off the asphalt 2 or 3 times before it impacted the curb and literally blew up.  The motor was the biggest piece that was left after that.  Good fun!  :banana:

Reply #10
Here are 2 of mine, a 1998 Salleen S351 Roadster, and a 1999 SVT Cobra.

These are only 2 of about 100 or more I have.  I will get a group pic of all of them later

Reply #11
Dude, those look kick ass. I want to try to find a T-bird model and do a Fila lookalike. Anyone know of any?

Reply #12
i haven't done models since i was in H.S., This thread has me wanting to get back into it. where do you all go for a good selection? 15 years ago you could go to wal mart and they would have a whole section for models, but now, your lucky if there are jhalf a dozen cars and they are only skill level 2. i would like to find a few 86 cougars to mock up stuff i would like to do to my car, but i can't find any. where do you find the fox body cars?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily:

Reply #13
They never mad a Fox Cougar model. Best bets are Hobby Heaven or Hobbytown stores unless you actually have a local hobby store.

Reply #14
awwww..... that blows... i'll have to start checkin the local hobbie stores. thanks. i used to really enjoy  building, i just  kinda stopped. now that my kids are old enough not to mess with them, i think i will start again. anyone use the Testors airbrush setup with the electric pump? is it a decent setup?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:cougarsmily: