Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16212 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

Reply #105

This is Vinnie's car, not mine

Reply #106
Thanks Fila.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #107
Anytime Vinnie

Reply #108
Here's my TC. It needs some finishing... re-align the header panel, finish under the hood, get the exhaust to match up to the headers etc.

Reply #109
sweet!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #110
NICE !!! Great work on that car.What shade of blue is that?I was going to use the Stang front suspension,but,I'm going for the best replica of my own car that I can do,so,T-Bird suspension.I have to figure out a way to make a Bullitt gas lid.I think an aluminum rod in a thin aluminum tubing may work.I've got some serious planning in my littl car.gain,that blue is great.Beautiful work.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #111
Thanks guys!

The blue was a two stage deal. First I sprayed the car black. Once it dried, I sanded it a bit to make it smooth and sprayed it Boyd True Blue Pearl.
The blue by itself is fairly transparent so whatever you spray under it shows through. Through experimentation, I found putting a base black down first would give me a deep moonlight blue.

Yeah, I used the stang front suspension. I think my main reason was because I didn't feel like messing with figuring how to mount the motor and have it sit correctly.

Vinnie, you did an awesome job on that Sport header panel. I might have to buy another kit and try that out myself.

Actually my true goal is to somehow convert a TC kit to a Cougar and make a replica of my '88. I have all the parts I need including the motor and Turbines, but the conversion would be the difficult part.

Reply #113
The latest project..
1992-96 F-150, Saleen wheels, "custom" lowering :hick:, body kit.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #114
A shot of the engine, less supercharger and belts accessories for the Ford truck, and a  couple shots of the '98 Firebird  I've had laying around for 3 years that I just painted. It's Testors sapphire blue metal flake, from a spray can and all in all, I think the paint turned out good on it..had gray primer under it.
All that's left on the blue Bird are decals, detailing and then clearcoating, paint the engine compartment black,and the final assembly. It'll be case-worthy if I don't botch the clear. :hick:
I suppose I can post pics of my Boss 429 and the 2000 Goodwrench Monet if y'all want to see it...?

PS. Thunderjet, is that the Memphis Belle B-17G? I've got a  B-17F model, the variant that has the chin turret.
In fact, in the movie Memphis Belle, they couldn't find a flying-condition B-17G, so they took an F model, and removed the chin turret, and used it. The owner of that plane left it after the movie was filmed, or so I read.
I've also a P-47, a P-40, an F-18C Hornet and an F-15C Eagle. I get all my aircraft in the same scale, kinda of strange to see how large a modern fighter is compared to a WW2-era bomber...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

bringing this back up!

Reply #115
So Ive been bussy lately. Heres some of my work.
a little info on the car:
1989 mustang gt body
twin 460ci big block fords punched out to 512ci each.
c6 trans, with custom bell housing.
removable one peace front clip.
mach1 wheels.
rear slicks.

and I am casting a pair of roots style blowers that will further hinder the drivers ability to see.
I've put a lot of resurch into this project. everything done is 100% acurate. I used 1960s dragsters as a referance for the motor mounts and transmission setup.
Let me know what you think so far.

Reply #116
Holy !
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #117
heres an 06 mustang that Im also doing.
4.6l supercharged.
ALOT! of custom body work.
FR500 wheels.
custom intior.
will be painted compatition orange. with black accents

Reply #119