Skip to main content
Topic: The last NEW Official Model Car Thread! (Read 16861 times) previous topic - next topic

The last NEW Official Model Car Thread!

Reply #45
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;108981
That's sweet!

was that to me? :sleep:

Reply #46
Nice Mustang 4bangen.You do great work.The independent rear looks right at home.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #47
4Bangen, NICE!!!

Graham, Yeah! Wake UP! ;)

Reply #48
Here's just a few of some of newer projects...i've got many many more in the basp00get packed away.
1969 Mach1
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #49
1939 Chevy Rod
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #50
1969 Shelby GT500
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #51
'41 Willys Coupe
This is a nice kit, i like it a lot...
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #52
'69 Vette
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #53
'62 Pontiac Catalina
maybe Mike Pinto needs to build one of these nice kits...since he doesn't seem to like most AMT kits..this sucker is nice.
pics DO NOT do this car justice! If IIRC, the wheels came from the '69 H/O Pontiac kit...i liked em better than stock steelies...give it more of a "retro-musclecar flair" anyway..i cant wait to get this one finished..it's a  fine kit...i've had it for about 4 years...i cant stand to sit and work on any one kit...or else I get bored, and never touch it again.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #54
1967 Impala SS427
This is the "custom" variation of this kit. i threw it together a year or so ago, havn't gotten very far with the rest of it. I've got another couple of these, just the standard kits...one of those is full-on, balls out "custom"...wild wheels, different engine, etc
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #55
And not to try to post w any more..but i realllly need to get a decent digital camera...Santa Clause..you reading this? LOL
Gonna borrow one tomorrow, and retake better shots of these.
The Willys, the Poncho, and the Vette look WAY better than pics let on. :beatyoass:
I looked at my list from last fall...i had 128 then, i've probably got around 150-170 now...i know the last 2 times i moved, i moved quite a few boxes of plastic back and forth. Feels strange, knowing I have more model cars than probably any 5 wal mart's in the state. :sorry:

'57 Vette
The wheels I think came from an AMT 70 Chevelle kit, the back tires are from some old NASCAR kit, and the rest is gonna be box-stock.
Gonna paint this one kinda of a "brandywine color with the scallop area white, saw one in a magazine a long time ago in a similar color and loved it. Oh yeah, that scoop is box-stock too.
'98 Explorer 5.0

more '57 Vette

Reply #56
The wheels I think came from an AMT 70 Chevelle kit, the back tires are from some old NASCAR kit, and the rest is gonna be box-stock.
Gonna paint this one kinda of a "brandywine color with the scallop area white, saw one in a magazine a long time ago in a similar color and loved it. Oh yeah, that scoop is box-stock too.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #57
I just started a '69 Daytona Charger.I have managed to get the doors and trunk hinged to open,and finally got the pop up headlights to function as they should.There's a big show down in Irving Texas that I'm building it for.I'll try to get pics up soon.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #58
when is the show in  Irving? I live like 20min north on I-35

Reply #59
Quote from: FordTruckFreeek;116240
'62 Pontiac Catalina
maybe Mike Pinto needs to build one of these nice kits...since he doesn't seem to like most AMT kits..this sucker is nice.
pics DO NOT do this car justice!

I have one in the closet ready to be built! I did one of the Vette's years ago, but I wasn't impressed. In fact, the Catalina is one of the few AMT's worth building, it's actually my favorite kit they made. I just finished a 69 Road Runner HEMI but I've been too lazy to resize the pics. It came out AWESOME.