Skip to main content
Topic: The '80 XR-7... (Read 34786 times) previous topic - next topic

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #270
Do you know of any that are direct bolt-on (or with minimum mods) to our seat tracks? Basically a pair that don't require... making your own brackets. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #271
Quote from: Ether947;182418
Do you know of any that are direct bolt-on (or with minimum mods) to our seat tracks? Basically a pair that don't require... making your own brackets. :)

Nope.  Perhaps if you can stumble onto a set of 79-82 Ford Recaros, but other than that it's buy or make your own adapters.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #272
wow. fresh carpet did wonders for the insides!
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #273
Quote from: Chuck W;182410
Well, the Recaros will be much better, but they are in dire need of a refresh.

Are you gonna try to find the original material?  I'd be curious to see who/where you find that stuff.
pro-five-oh

88 Cougar XR-7...5.0HO, T-56, and much more                             
85 Thunderbird 30th...#2471, 29k, all original and might actually stay that way

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #274
Quote from: pro-five-oh;182426
Are you gonna try to find the original material?  I'd be curious to see who/where you find that stuff.

Not sure yet.  Finding the proper "Bittersweet" color is going to be hard enough, much less finding the OEM material.  I'm sure VERY few seats were even done in that fabric.  I'll need to redo the rear seat anyway also, so I may have to improvise.

I actually have 2 sets of Recaros of the same vintage, the original set and a netted halo set (the tan ones).  I may swap the netted headrests onto them as well.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #275
Quote from: pro-five-oh;182426

It took about 2 months to find OEM material to do my front seats last winter. Some guy in Washington State turned out to have some. I doubt Chuck will be able to get OEM material for his seats. If 20 year old OEM material is hard to find try finding 27 year old OEM stuff:hick: . Hell try finding another 80 XR7.......
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #276
Not a whole lot of progress this weekend, but my shift boot showed up on Fri and I took some time Sat to install it and mod the console plate.

The hole is too big in the plate (the existing opening for the little coin tray was kind of wide), so I'll probably take a piece of the black ABS I have to make a finish plate.

The starter dies today too...:toilet: The solenoid is fine (big CLICK when trying to start it), so I'll just find another starter and replace the cable while I'm at it.

Speaking of, anyone have a good used 5.0 starter?

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #277
my friend on FvC does! Its on evilbay, be he will take it off if someone wants it, Its a mini unit he wants 50 for it
http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/nyclsc/For%20sale/?action=view¤t=P1010025.jpg
his name is Nyclsc
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #278
chuck i may have one you can have just pay for shiping ill look later also what about puting up a coverd  tent to store it under dont get rid of it there geting harder to come  by
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #279
Don't need (or want) a mini-starter for this thing.

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #280
Well I was gona say as well I picked up a ford mini starter laying on the ground at pick n pull today.  (Gumby came over :) )

I put it back down because I already have one.
One 88

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #281
Quote from: Chuck W;183741
Don't need (or want) a mini-starter for this thing.

Figured id show you incase you wanted it
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #282
I just don't want to mess with the rewiring on this.

Besides, I have a mini sitting here ;)

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #283
Quote from: Chuck W
Ah yes guys I made custom seat brackets, swapped a 4 speed in, swapped pedals, cut a hole in my floor, designed my own braking system... BUT  THAT ONE WIRE.

Haha Chuck Your hilarious.
One 88

The '80 XR-7...

Reply #284
Fine fvckers.

:hick:

I just have to extend the solenoid "exciter" wire, correct?

I guess in the interim, the starter cable can just now attach to the other (battery) side of the solenoid? (Until I get a dummy terminal)