Skip to main content
Topic: Rear shock adapter brackets (Read 13927 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear shock adapter brackets

Reply #45
John, those don't look like they're made for regular stock-style shocks though.  I only say that because of the horizontal stud on 'em.  Unless I'm not seeing it right maybe?

EDIT:  D'oh!  Nevermind, Chuck beat me to it. Confusion eliminated.

Reply #46
I didn't mean to step on anyones toes, The brackets are made for shocks that have a rod end on them.  I got the shocks from Griggs racing, and I think they came with both the rod end and a stud mount.  It's been a couple of years or so since I put it all together.  I just saw this post and remembered what I had done.  Don't try to raise the attachment point at the axle to use shorter shocks, The rear end will get squarely.  It somehow screws up th geometry of the rear suspension.

Reply #47
Quote from: Ether947
So what your saying is you give up your position. :D

:rollin:

Nope!:D  I'm not a number, but my place in line is!:flip: :rollin:
Resident "Idiot".

Formerly TBob5pt0 :shoothead

Quote from: JeremyB;165772
Repairing a lock cylinder that is frozen or sans keys requires a drill, gumption, and a midget on a tricycle.
Quote from: Big_D
Forgot to put on intake hose when starting the car, sucked neighbors cat into intake.

Reply #48
count me in also. i would like 1 set powder coated.

Reply #49
is coil over better? what is the deal with them. i dont know anything about them and was just wondering? and chuck did you say that we might be able to use them with your bracket?
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #50
Quote from: Johns331
Don't try to raise the attachment point at the axle to use shorter shocks, The rear end will get squarely.  It somehow screws up th geometry of the rear suspension.
How is that? The shocks don't affect suspension geometry unless it lets the suspension droop/compress beyond its designed limits.
Putting a 3" spacer at the top or bottom of the shock will have the same effect. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Reply #52
Just a couple quick pics of one I threw together today since I FINALLY got my laser order after almost 2 months...

I'm going to wind up using a set on the 80 XR-7, but I also still need to get more of the hardware together and the parts plated.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #53
those are sweet i just found this thread let me know when i can get a pair of those ill take them just like that
:flip:I GOT MORE POWER NOW:flip:
:mad:..BUT I NEED EVEN MORE..:mad:

Reply #54
dude i need them so bad.    chuck is a genious

Reply #55
So would those work even if the nut on the backside of my original bracket broke off?  It was almost falling off so i welded it back on.

I know you said something about drilling something out.  Would that be that bolt/nut?
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #56
Quote from: blu84302
So would those work even if the nut on the backside of my original bracket broke off?  It was almost falling off so i welded it back on.

I know you said something about drilling something out.  Would that be that bolt/nut?

The drilling is for the upper hole there you see.  They will be held to the axle by 2 bolts.

Reply #57
*cries*

I still want a set :(
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #58
Given any thought to selling some as weld-up kits?

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #59
Quote from: Red_LX
Given any thought to selling some as weld-up kits?

Not yet..but it is possible.