Skip to main content
Topic: Rear shock adapter brackets (Read 14383 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear shock adapter brackets

Reply #15
Well like I said, I will have 5 sets this time around.  When I have them available for orders I will contact interested folks from this thread in order and go from there.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #16
I'm all over getting these, got money on hand!

Dave

Reply #17
Ill also take a set. These will work well on the TC when its time for shocks and struts.

Im assuming these would also work with the SN95 shocks.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #18
im down

Reply #19
I'm in for a set.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #20
Quote from: Tbird232ci
Im assuming these would also work with the SN95 shocks.

I believe the SN95 shocks are longer than the fox mustang shocks...much closer to what we have...someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Project 3G: Grandpa Grocery Getter-'85 Crown Vic LTD 2-door, 351W with heavily ported/polished GT40 heads, heavily ported/polished Typhoon Power Plus upper & lower intake, Comp Cams 265DEH retarded 1*, FAST EZ-EFI, HD T5, 8.8" 3.73 trac lock with extra clutches, 3G alt. swap, '99 CVPI front brakes, '09 CVPI rear disc brakes, '00 CVPI booster&m/c + wilwood adj prop valve.

Parted & Gone-'88 T-bird Sport, 351W swap, ported GT40 heads

Reply #21
Quote from: Sick88Tbird
I believe the SN95 shocks are longer than the fox mustang shocks...much closer to what we have...someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope, they are only marginally longer than the Fox stuff...no where near the Tbird stuff....

If that was the case...I wouldn't bother with these...

Reply #22
Would these brackets be suitable for coilovers?

Reply #23
Quote from: JeremyB
Would these brackets be suitable for coilovers?

They are going to be stronger and more secured to the axle than the stock brackets are.

Reply #24
Quote from: Chuck W
*Dodge*

;)

Reply #25
Quote from: JeremyB
;)

How's this Jeremy?...I'd feel comfortable using these with coil-overs on my own vehicle.... :p

:D

Reply #26
I thought the main problem with rear coilovers was the lack of support where the shock mounts to the body, not the axle mount...

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #27
Quote from: Red_LX
I thought the main problem with rear coilovers was the lack of support where the shock mounts to the body, not the axle mount...

The axle side is a weak point. If you look at MM's rear coil-over kit you will see the heavy duty shock mounts.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #28
im interested in a set
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #29
Well it looks like I'll have to go through the first 5 interested folks first (once I have the stuff) and then order up some more bits for more after that.