Skip to main content
Topic: Show off the little stuff! (Read 76390 times) previous topic - next topic

Show off the little stuff!

Reply #135
Ok Lets Try This Again,

Awhile back I posted some pic's in the "post your wheels " section and mentioned that I had plans for my Birds.

Well heres some shot's of whats going on lately. I rebuilt my 87 Turbo motor with alot of goodies in it. A wooden roller cam, oversized valves,dual springs,ported and polished the dog, Bob's log, polished the upper and lower intake,46LB injectors,press regulator,65MM throttle body,A lil 50 shot of nitrous,msd ignition,distributor,rev control and braided lines from hell. I added a T-3 to it which you see now but found a nice Chrome plated one on ebay last week and am awaiting on it to arrive now to swap them out. Once thats in I can install my huge aluminum intercooler setup, finish running my lines and see if this puppy will fire up.

Moved all the wires under the fenderwells,including all the electronics,solonoid and the battery which is mounted under the left hand fender. Polished the ac drier and plan on running all those lines in braid as well.

A buddy of mine mixed the paint I used on the engine bay and my engine which he claims is from the code in my doorjam. I have to say I cant remember any Fords being this color back then but who knows, maybe he threw in some goodies into the paint when mixed. The color goes off in the sunlight, pearlish appearing sorta.

Sorry for posting this in the wrong place earlier and sure I'll ditch the Fram just for you, I'll post some completed pic's in a week or so after it's done.

I Hope it's satisfactory for you guys and pardon the dust :-)
Music

Reply #136
Now about the Black bird all I can say is it's under construction. I found a nice 557CI big block for it so it was time to rear-half the car. Heres a few shots of whats going on till then, been kinda hard doing both Birds at once but with no wife,no kids but a great dog what else do I have to do all day. :-)

Music

Reply #137
Wow, very nice! :D
Got any more of the rest of your TC?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #138
My falisafe is if the car is painted normal color like Red, blue , black, green, those colors  go good with just bought any color in the interior and motor it makes the interior and motor stand out more but if your with like a a Exotic colr like Purple, Yellow, Orange, those colors the interior needs to be plain like black, same as the car.

Pianting your wheels or having chrome wheels will make your wheels stand out from the car sometimes.
 Heres what I mean.

Normal  Colors

Car Color-Interior Color-Motor Color-Wheel color.

Reds 
 Light Red-Tan,Black, Red- Red,Dark Blue, Black, Gold,Yellow,Silver-Polished Aluminum or White.
 Medium Red-Medium Red, Black or Dark Gray- Black, Red, Blue, Gold,Yellow,-Flat Black or Chrome.
 Red Matlic or Dark Red-Red or Black-Blue, Black, Gold,Yellow -Flat Black or Chrome.

Reply #139
My falisafe is if the car is painted normal color like Red, blue , black, green, those colors  go good with just bought any color in the interior and motor it makes the interior and motor stand out more but if your with like a a Exotic colr like Purple, Yellow, Orange, those colors the interior needs to be plain like black, same as the car.

Pianting your wheels or having chrome wheels will make your wheels stand out from the car sometimes.
 Heres what I mean.

Normal  Colors

Car Color-Interior Color-Motor Color-Wheel color.

Reds 
 Light Red-Tan,Black, Red- Red,Dark Blue, Black, Gold,Yellow,Silver-Polished Aluminum or White.
 Medium Red-Medium Red, Black or Dark Gray- Black, Red, Blue, Gold,Yellow,-Flat Black or Chrome.
 Red Matlic or Dark Red-Red or Black-Blue, Black, Gold,Yellow -Flat Black or Chrome.

More colors and options to come just don't have time to type them right now but more will come.

Just remiber these are my  personal preferances and these are not colors that I would do if I was going to paint and do a custom car. So if you don't like these color sceems tell me what u would do.

Reply #140
No one ever told me about this Thread why? i am just joking heres a waste of 95 cents and maybe a picture or both.

Sorry i found a old post on page 12 i forgot this was even here my bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #141
ATSMusic were can I got all that chrome and polised stuff at. and the red pulleys at.

Reply #142

....I changed the color of the striping that goes on the molding from red to black but i cheated....:evilgrin: Its electrical tape that i cut and pressed in to look like it was originally black, i Think that it looks good for what it is

Reply #143
i know this is an old post, but today i found a little bit of window tint laying around and i decided to try to tint the back side windows on the bird. it actually didnt come out bad. what do you think
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #144
wow i suddenly realized that this is a py picture because you get to see the neighbors house more than anything
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #145
Hahaha it looks like you tinted it using a picture of a house. :giggle:

Naw it looks good. I need to get mine tinted at some point, but it keeps getting put on the backburner.

EDIT: Oops thread resurrection! :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Wade Headlight covers

Reply #146
I just got them today.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #147
Quote from: 5.0 bird;240941

EDIT: Oops thread resurrection! :hick:

ZOMBIE THREAD......Just when you THINK youre safe to come out....BAM it takes a chunk out of your neck right in the jugular vein and sits there on the front page for another week!!!!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #148
I'm getting ready to post a few pics here in a few days.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #149
Gas lid....

2005 Thunderbird script (emblem,badge,whatever....).....

Mach 1 chin spoiler...
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..