Skip to main content
Topic: Show off the little stuff! (Read 77594 times) previous topic - next topic

Show off the little stuff!

Reply #105
V8 T-bird intake plate :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Taurus dome light

Reply #106
Tonight, while I was finishing the interior swap, I decided to install that Taurus dome light I had laying around for awhile.
Wasn't too much trouble at all, but there is a bit of grinding to do to the plastic backing.
I'll have pics up in a coupla days or so. I had to take 'em with a film camera, as my digital wasn't working right.
All in all, it took about 30 minutes...
EDIT: The dome light came out of a '94 Taurus, was gonna take the heater panel, but it had the elect. temp control, instead of the cable.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #107
Interesting.  I have that same mirror on my 88 turbo coupe.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

TC steering wheel

Reply #108
Tonight I took the steering wheel out of the TC and put it in the white 'Bird.
It feels smaller, but when I held the base wheel up to it, there's really no difference, except in shape and thickness.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #109
 guys! theres a lot of great ideas in this thread...I dont have anything done to the cougar yet but i do have some pics of the mods i made to my J body if anyones interested....Dont want to offend anyone by just posting them in here.

Reply #110
i painted my upper and lower blue. and my fuel rail black. :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #111
Painted center caps on my dirty ugly rims look on EBAY sorta soon for them.
U-Haul hitch used to mow lawns to so i could buy the car.
Extra embelms.
Dub seatcovers and floormats cost less than $20 for them all.
Turbocoupe hood with no scoops till i find a nice bodyshop to custom make some scoops.

Got some more pics if i did not delete my old e-mail when my friend took the pics.

But you guys have done some really nice stuff with your cars my project still has a few years to go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #112
Carpimp, the paint scheme on your car makes me want to salute it... just kidding... nice looking car you have there!

Reply #113
Well, since I finally got around to doing up my buttstuffog gauge coversion, I've put in my red gauges..
Basically, what I've done is took apart the XR7 cluster I had, and took out the green filters over the bulbs, and sanded the backs of the gauge faces, and then installed red bulbs, but they're really bright, wish i could make or find some red filters that may half-assed work...
Anybody know if the newer pontiacs have filters, or red bulbs in their gauges?

I could also add some red cellophane and use clear bulbs, too.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #114
Look for red lighting gels.  It's a sheet of plastic that is used for stage lighting, photography, etc, etc.  We use some at work, and even with 575 watts shining through some of the darker stuff, it still dims the lights a ton.  You should be able to get the right effect with that since there are a ton of colors.

Reply #115
Well, after some trial and error, what I came with, was that on my Sport cluster, i DIDN'T sand the back of the gauge faces, but did poke in some red bulbs, and it's kind of a subdued red, not really orange, but not quiiiiite red, either, it works, and i like it...till i can get some other faces in, it'll do.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Reply #116
I changed the colors of all my interior plates to white I got a thread about it started in the forum
87 T-bird two tone diarrhea color. 5.0 converted with AOD.  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

94 Lincoln Towncar, Dark Metallic Green, 4.6L AOD
SOLD!!!!

99 Mercury Cougar. V6 MTX75 Trans. CURRENT PROJECT DAILY DRIVER.

Reply #117
well  after i blew my radio.... i got an older one but its new to my car.... free what does it matter.... i put an oil pressure gauge in place of my tripminder...cuz it doesnt work anyway...

heres some pics

Reply #118
That isn't your pressure while running, is it?:D
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #119
lmao, it probably is right now....

im rebuilding the motor sometime this month and have to wait until the garage is empty so i did little things to occupy myself inbetween now and the time i rebuild it