Skip to main content
Topic: Still having an issue...UPDATE... (Read 8749 times) previous topic - next topic

Still having an issue...UPDATE...

Reply #90
it's only your brain saying it's not going to happen... you did the mass air wiring no problem
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #91
Quote from: vinnietbird;406687
I bought the heat sink version from the '95 Stang because I wanted to do it like that on my car. But after seeing the diagram.....I said it isn't going to happen. It's not three wires and you're done.

Are you perfectly willing to let 3 wires defeat you? If so...that's sad.
10% rule, Vinnie. You have to be at least 10% smarter than the object you're using. ;)

You can do it my man. We have the utmost confidence. Besides, if you get stuck, you think we're going to let you go it alone?

Reply #92
^Exactly. Besides...if you don't do it...where the hell am I going to get my inspiration to do it!!??? LOL.

You can handle it boss. You built that badass car...you can do anything.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #93
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;406695
^Exactly. Besides...if you don't do it...where the hell am I going to get my inspiration to do it!!??? LOL.

You can handle it boss. You built that badass car...you can do anything.

Vinnie...If you do it, I'll do it too...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #96
Quote from: daminc;406697
Vinnie...If you do it, I'll do it too...

O.K., I'll do it. Generally peer pressure doesn't work on me, but I'll let it this time. I'll try to do it next weekend if the weather allows me to be outside to work.

There. Are you happy now ??? !!!! LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #97
Quote from: TheEskimo;406704
Would something like this work for you?
http://www.mccullyracingmotors.com/index_files/tfikits.htm

I would've actually bought that if I haven't been chasing this other . I will try to fabricate this harness this Thursday night.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #98
Oh, I forgot to pass on today's news on this matter.....

I stopped by Autozone and picked up the MSD coil. I installed it when I got home (took about 3 minutes) but haven't had a chance to test it out. After 13 hours at work, I just wanted to sit down. Updates on the coil tomorrow and whether it helped or not.

I know what some have stated about the MSD not being any good. Well, I'll find out in the morning on my way to work.

Reply #99
Like I said iv never had a problem with them iv ran about 6 or more

I also run a msd box and dizzy with no problems but those are generally what people have problems with

Reply #100
I'm about to find out if they are good or not. if so...GREAT!!! If not, then it's under warranty, and I'll take it back to the one for a replacement or refund.

Reply #101
i can make you up a remote harness kit if you want.
its high time i did one anyway so its no big deal.
Id rather use the same color wire for extending so if you have a spare harness you could sacrafice that would consist of the TFI connector only, that would be idea.
the three pr0ngs on the tfi would simly match the stator colors,, red/grn/black

Reply #102
What would you charge for something like that? Somewhere around here, I've got the one that I saved from my white '88 3.8 car...the one that got toasty in 2006.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #103
Cassity, I don't think I have a plug, but I can get one. How much?

Reply #104
any plugs usable here vinnie?
http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/?p=10
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook