Skip to main content
Topic: So what does your fox look like today!!!!! (Read 131806 times) previous topic - next topic

So what does your fox look like today!!!!!

Reply #465
today i got a big honkin dent in my door!!    my 8 year old didnt have the door shut, and when we went around a turn the door flung open and got hit. at least he was buckled in.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #466
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #467
 that sucks
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

Reply #468
That definitely sucks, my question us why is the passenger side of the Thunderbirds cursed? I had a repaint of my car a year ago and am already seeing about a dozen or more paint chips on that side, while the drivers is fine. And originally i did a repaint because the passenger side of the car was wrecked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #469
I think I'd have an 8 year old with a sore butt.  It wouldn't be just about the car door, though that is certainly an important factor, but of more importance is the potential of falling out of the car due to negligence and being permanently folded, spindled and mutilated. Doors can be fixed or replaced, a child's life can't.

Reply #470
Thats awful Pete, im just glad your kid is ok......the rest is a hassle but can be fixed.

1983 FORD THUNDERBIRD HERITAGE 5.0
2008 SAAB 9-7X AERO 6.0 (LS2) 1 0f 554 Made
2011 FORD FLEX SEL Family Hauler

Reply #471
Wow, that sucks! At least it isn't that bad, it could have been much worse considering.

Reply #472
Glad no one was hurt..... doors can be replaced...your kids can't
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #473
Quote from: daminc;399778
Glad no one was hurt..... doors can be replaced...your kids can't
so true glad to hear everyone is ok and not hurt sad to see though

Reply #474
From the pic it doesnt look terrible.  I would think the worst of it at least could be pushed out from the inside of the door, if not all of it.  Might contact a PDR guy and see what they can do with it.

Reply #475
i talked to a local PDR guy, he wants me to get the molding off so he can get a better look at it. that is this weekends project to get the molding off without damaging it further.
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

for my black "84" badbird

Reply #476
:burnout:"86" block, Balanced, 2.02 alum. heads, shift kit trans, 3:73 rear...

Reply #477
Quote from: ramair351;399840
i talked to a local PDR guy, he wants me to get the molding off so he can get a better look at it. that is this weekends project to get the molding off without damaging it further.

A good PDR guy should be able to get that back out to near perfect, without much of a problem. Be thankful it wasen't worse than what it was. I've seen that happen to people before while going down the road, even had to repair the aftermath, and it usually ends much worse. 90% of the time it was because their kid didn't shut the door all the way. Good Luck with the repair!

Reply #478
Pulling that trim off will cause more damage than the dent.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #479
got the trim off, nice and straight. the body guy tells me what he does with those style moldings is to carefully remove the foil aluminum part of the molding, then put the whole thing under a heat lamp fpr a while. it will flatten right out and install like new.    my dent guy came out today and got 98% of the dent out! and also two little dings that were driving me nuts too.  i will get a picture tomorrow
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto