Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 129276 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #240
Quote from: 1986Élan;351462
sorry to ask but i was wondering what is the difference between the gt40 tubular intake and the gt40 from the explorer
do the flow the same amount of air?

They flow the same, but there is room to really port the intake on explorers...  the GT40 is about 7 lbs lighter (or more) then the explorer/cobra's

Reply #241
Yep,the GT-40 weighs a lot less.....a lot. As far as flow, the Cobra,Explorer,and GT-40 all flow nearly identical. Not enough difference to ever notice except by a tiny bit on paper. On paper, the Explorer actually flowed the best (by a negligible amount). I have had them all, and actually like the Explorer better,although I sent mine to a new home because I thought I wanted a GT-40 (which is on the Sport now). I have an Explorer intake and a Cobra in the garage waiting for whatever. I'll sell the Cobra, polish the Explorer and probably install it one day  down the road. No hurry right now, I have other projects lined up. I start GT40 intake plate "production" as soon as decent weather shows it's face.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #242
heres mine i hope

X

here is my engine

Reply #243
and here is the other side of it. HO plenum cover added 7mph, cast valve covers good for another three.

LOL, I need a new pic. This one has a used battery from the RV and the old 2G alternator. Looks much better now.

Reply #244
I promised myself that I would never put anything on my car that implied "H.O" until the car could back it up. Still,nice pics. Thanks.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #245

Reply #246
Hey !!!Where's the EFI ??? LOL. Seriously,nice looking engine. What cam is in it,and what heads does it have. Drop a little info.

Reply #247
... efi went out the door. its a 86 non roller 302 with the factory bottom end (for now) with a factory 85 mustang intake. It has ported e5's. The cam is a machine shop special its a mid range rv style cam with 448/472 lift good for low end torque and combined power above 3200 good for light to light stuff and good highway cruising best part was the price.... 50 for the cam 50 for the lifter set.  Holley 600-750 hybrid with a 2" phelonic spacer  8 mil wires and going to HEI style distributor with an Accel Super Coil. Its gonna be good for 3-350 hp and around 375 tq.

Shes most definatly a franken-motor budget build. I had 99% of the stuff layin around in the garage. Im itchin' to get my tax return so I can do all the upgrades and throw her in the car. Im dyin' to drive the old girl again

Seeing how my 302 in the car decided to take a turn for the worst about 3 yrs ago... Ive been contemplating on building the 351 I have on the shelf. Its going to be all out and I dont quite have the cash to do the 408 and all the suspention stuff right now. So, Ill do the suspention stuff this summer and get her buttoned up on the underside. Then its 408 time. but until then this will keep me pretty well busy

Reply #248
Those are pretty high HP numbers.

Reply #249
Quote from: vinnietbird;352357
Those are pretty high HP numbers.

With E5, stock intake, and RV cam I doubt it. Maybe 250ish. He'd have a better chance with ported GT40s, Edelbrock rpm intake, and a bigger cam(around .500 lift 280 duration).
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #250
then again, thats a computer setup dyno program that is sopposed to give extimates. If it makes just under 300 i will be happy. i have less the 150 in the motor.

Reply #251
Less than $150...............I LOVE that. I thought my engine was cheap....you win.LOL.

snow daze

Reply #252
With more of the frozen fluffy stuff stopping everything, I am so very bored. How bored am I?  Well, here's a not very good current pic of my engine compartment.  Head's off the old motor, and I'm pulling things in preparation for the new one.

Does anyone have any experience-based recommendations regarding relocating A/C lines?
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #253
The car

First motor .30 crower rods, diamond pistons, ported head, boport 1.5 cam, ATR header, 18# boost

Installed 3inch in and out intercooler

2nd motor 331 stroker, just got this installed but haven't got to drive it yet.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #254
Nice looking V-8. I can't wait until some decent weather shows up so I can clean my engine and do some re-detailing.