Skip to main content
Topic: Show your engine now !!!!! (Read 129881 times) previous topic - next topic

Show your engine now !!!!!

Reply #270
I like that red air cleaner. Where did you find it.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #271
Is that one of those performance cotton filters everyone has been talking about?
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #272
Quote from: mcb82gt;354598
My current setup.... All stock.  Lets call this before photos................

I love the 86 5.0 HO intake plate :).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #273
Quote from: thunderjet302;355256
I love the 86 5.0 HO intake plate :).

I've got one in the garage I'm about to polish....along with about 8 other plates to be polished.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #274
Quote from: vinnietbird;355202

Hardy har har. Parts Source!

Moroso blue/chrome wire looms, chrome master cylinder cap, and fan spacer for my Flex a lite fan are on order as well.

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Reply #275
Quote from: vinnietbird;355202

Hardy har har. Parts Source!

Moroso blue/chrome wire looms, chrome master cylinder cap, and fan spacer for my Flex a lite fan are on order as well.

Reply #276
Hey, that was a double post.

Hey, that was a double post.

Reply #277
Excellent observation, would you like a cookie?

Reply #278
Actually, yes I would. I would like a cookie....and some milk. Thanks for asking.LOL.

Reply #279
Not a cookie but here's the motor as of last night.

Reply #281
colored the lettering with a silver pen marker i had laying around LOL it so beautiful
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #282
Not a Ford (Cadillac 500) but it will go in my 87 Turbo Coupe and it is painted dark blue Ford (as close as you can get to Cadillac Blue).  This year I upgraded the bottom end to use main studs and put in a roller cam.  The new cam is 248 duration at .050 with a .670 lift, ground on a 110 LSA.  About the same duration as last years cam but with .070 more lift, and roller instead of flat tappet.  I hope to see mid 11's without the NOS this year.  Just got it to this point today and I should have it running next week-end with a little work and luck.  Sure will be weird not to have to break in a cam.

TED

Reply #283
Aaaaaaah yes, from the Cadillac division of the Ford Motor Company. That's a lot of motor.

Reply #284
Quote from: Cad-T-Bird 500;357688
Not a Ford (Cadillac 500) but it will go in my 87 Turbo Coupe and it is painted dark blue Ford (as close as you can get to Cadillac Blue).  This year I upgraded the bottom end to use main studs and put in a roller cam.  The new cam is 248 duration at .050 with a .670 lift, ground on a 110 LSA.  About the same duration as last years cam but with .070 more lift, and roller instead of flat tappet.  I hope to see mid 11's without the NOS this year.  Just got it to this point today and I should have it running next week-end with a little work and luck.  Sure will be weird not to have to break in a cam.

TED

wow is that the cadillac black widow manifold

back in the late 80's early 90's when i raced my caddy i had the book called "cadillac motorsports" it was a small black paper back catalog and had lots of go fast parts for the 368-500 cid cadillac motor.. like stroker cranks,pistons, cams,headers, rockers,and this manifold that i wanted real bad called the black widow but it cost $800.00 in 1989.. and was based on the holley strip dominator manifold

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz